Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went and ran a couple of tanks through the latest Super XL-130. Rings need to seat still. I am thinking the throttle shutter/bore may be worn a tad as there is some obvious lateral play. I swapped from the external idle screw to an internal, so the different contact point on the stop may be contributing to it. Every once in awhile it seemed to hang up a bit when released. A quick blip and it returned fine.

Managed to cover my boots with chips properly, though.

View attachment 660384

Clip is a tad long. Some funny sounding guy from BC went on rambling for a minute or so at the beginning.

I have 3 76 and really like that model. The latest 130VI I can hardly pull over. P&C pristine. I must do a compression test on that saw.

I got workin' in the man cave today. I snapped a photo of the 330 intake boot in the reed cage. Then I started on my Fleebay 3100G cylinder. It had been dropped/smacked on the skirt, and needed some TLC. I found an old Honda CR125 piston that fit well, and taped some emery paper to it and sanded the ding out. I haven't been able to find any other cylinders, so this should do. Now I need to find a piston and rings.........0702181201-00.jpg 0702181320-01.jpg

Anyone have a bar between 48-60 inch for one of my Super 1050's. I missed an NOS 60" er a couple years ago and haven't quit crying yet. I've got a 24 on one and a 36 on another. You can't tell any difference in how the pull buried in Red Oak. I'd like to see where they start to give out? Plus, I have a couple big C's that need more than a 20" so I can do some switching around.

Anyone have a bar between 48-60 inch for one of my Super 1050's. I missed an NOS 60" er a couple years ago and haven't quit crying yet. I've got a 24 on one and a 36 on another. You can't tell any difference in how the pull buried in Red Oak. I'd like to see where they start to give out? Plus, I have a couple big C's that need more than a 20" so I can do some switching around.
I don't have anything dat long.. Picked up a 36 for one of my C-series.. I think I'll start with a skip and see how it goes from there. Just a 30" on my 1050.. Works fine for what I do. I'm trying to be on a weight reduction saw program.

I've never tried skip on my 1050's, I've had 3 of them, down to two now, and none had a problem clearing saw dust buried in Red Oak or Tulip Poplar. That was with the 36's. I put one of the 36's on my C72, so now the other 1050 has a 24. I took the 24 to a GTG a few months ago and the only response I got about the saw was, "It needs more Bar".

60's are kinda hard to find for Homies. I Have a couple, however they are on saws. Mac bars seem to be easier to find. You can use a new Cannon for a 880 Stihl with adapters and refilling the oil and adjuster holes. I have done this myself on a couple of older Cannon 60" bars.

I've never tried skip on my 1050's, I've had 3 of them, down to two now, and none had a problem clearing saw dust buried in Red Oak or Tulip Poplar. That was with the 36's. I put one of the 36's on my C72, so now the other 1050 has a 24. I took the 24 to a GTG a few months ago and the only response I got about the saw was, "It needs more Bar".
I pretty sure my 1050 is due for a little internal maintenance. Probably get by with rings.

I have a couple 60" but spoken for as well . One is for my 1130 g and the other for a super wiz 66 (might be alot for that saw ) I only have 1 chain right now . Has anyone converted to .404? Were sprockets ever available in .404 for the big Homies?
IMG_2310.JPG
IMG_2141.JPG

I have a couple 60" but spoken for as well . One is for my 1130 g and the other for a super wiz 66 (might be alot for that saw ) I only have 1 chain right now . Has anyone converted to .404? Were sprockets ever available in .404 for the big Homies?
View attachment 662067
View attachment 662068
I believe, but probably will be corrected. That the "C" series, like C-52, C-72, etc. We're 404.. But spur sprockets. My 1050 is 404

View attachment 662067
View attachment 662068
I have 2, 24" and 2, 36" bars that came on my Dad's brand new Super 1050's, and a 24 that came on the Super 1050 I bought back in March, they are all .4o4.

Latest posts

Back