Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got a xl-75 today. has walbro sdc, also marked homelite. no info on acres. anyone know kit it would use?

Not common Pete. I think like an XL-76 without a manual oiler. Carb should be a Walbro SDC-31. Major kit is K10-SDC.

A little different. The carb does not use the usual accelerator diaphragm above the pump diaphragm as it's under the cover on the side of the carb. Those diaphragms are obsolete.
https://walbro.force.com/parts/comm_partsservicedetails?partId=a0Fo000000V5CEZEA3

IPL attached.

Attachments

• homelite_xl-75_chainsaw_ipl_122526.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
One of my 76's came with the SDC setup. Accelerator pump on the side. I searched like crazy and eventually found an aftermarket kit that had the obsolete pump in it. Look for this kit (Prime Line 7-07147). I got it through Tulsa Engine warehouse 2-3 years or so ago. Those carbs run well with new pump and a healthy (capillary) high speed check.

Here is a picture of what came inside. Lots of goodies.

pri707147-1.jpg

EDIT: Unfortunately, Tulsa Engine is no longer in business. I see that Oregon is now carrying a similar kit. https://www.oregonpartsonline.com/oregon-part-49-834/

49-834__73128.1426169746.jpg

Not common Pete. I think like an XL-76 without a manual oiler. Carb should be a Walbro SDC-31. Major kit is K10-SDC.

A little different. The carb does not use the usual accelerator diaphragm above the pump diaphragm as it's under the cover on the side of the carb. Those diaphragms are obsolete.
https://walbro.force.com/parts/comm_partsservicedetails?partId=a0Fo000000V5CEZEA3

IPL attached.

it does have man & auto oil. pump diaphragm looks ok, as does metering. need gaskets. ripped one. xl 76 tilly should work? never seen 75 til y'day on c/l. askin $40., pd $20. fires w/squirt.

Swapped a Walbro hdc from a super ez in favor of the adjustable high . Swapped the choke and idle to the original. New seals, carb kit , lines and duckbills. I found this in some homelite tanks. It seems to me the tee with a small hole vents the oil tank after shutdown .Great idea!
IMG_3292.JPG
IMG_3294.JPG

Hey fellas. I've been fortunate enough to find a few nice saws in the past few weeks. Here's a Homelite Super 1050 I found locally. It's very clean and runs, well, super! The rubber handle wrap was torn a few inches, so I trimmed it up a bit. There are no cracks or breaks in any of the parts and the air filter is in good shape as well. It has an inventory tag with an extra hole which I really like. I have other large cc Homelites, but this is by far the heaviest and loudest I have. It came with a 24 inch Homelite branded bar that's in nice shape as well. They're still out there. Max.

20180825_145441.jpeg 20180825_145453.jpeg 20180825_145505.jpeg

IMG_20180501_151208.jpg IMG_20180501_151208.jpg
Hey fellas. I've been fortunate enough to find a few nice saws in the past few weeks. Here's a Homelite Super 1050 I found locally. It's very clean and runs, well, super! The rubber handle wrap was torn a few inches, so I trimmed it up a bit. There are no cracks or breaks in any of the parts and the air filter is in good shape as well. It has an inventory tag with an extra hole which I really like. I have other large cc Homelites, but this is by far the heaviest and loudest I have. It came with a 24 inch Homelite branded bar that's in nice shape as well. They're still out there. Max.

View attachment 671046 View attachment 671047 View attachment 671048
Geeze that thing is purdy...

View attachment 671046 View attachment 671047 View attachment 671048
Your saw was built on production line 4, on the 129 day of 1986, and was the 52 saw built that day. It should have the walbro SDC60, which is a fixed high speed jet, only has a low mix adjustment screw. That saw looks in very nice shape and not a lot of use.

Your saw was built on production line 4, on the 129 day of 1986, and was the 52 saw built that day. It should have the walbro SDC60, which is a fixed high speed jet, only has a low mix adjustment screw. That saw looks in very nice shape and not a lot of use.

Many thanks for the history on the saw! It does have the SDC60 with the unique adjustment screw. I'd see a few examples of 1050's at The Chesterfield County Fair and Field Days Of The Past but this was the first opportunity to grab one. Max.

OK, I'm from the C series and Super 1050 generation. I was at a friends hunting camp this weekend. His brother is a climber, he said he had a running Homelite that was too heavy to climb with, and he would like to get rid of it. He went home and brought back a 550. I'm not familiar with the 50 series other than knowing the 750 is big. We had no cell so I couldn't call anyone. Since it was running, has a full wrap, 24-25" bar and chain, I gave him $100 for it. Did I do OK on this one"

OOPS, forgot the pics.
IVH7mA5.jpg

U7TOkOS.jpg

AjuOJjz.jpg

cvKB08p.jpg

OK, I'm from the C series and Super 1050 generation. I was at a friends hunting camp this weekend. His brother is a climber, he said he had a running Homelite that was too heavy to climb with, and he would like to get rid of it. He went home and brought back a 550. I'm not familiar with the 50 series other than knowing the 750 is big. We had no cell so I couldn't call anyone. Since it was running, has a full wrap, 24-25" bar and chain, I gave him $100 for it. Did I do OK on this one"

Hey Joe! Let me be the first to say yes, I think you did well. The 450/550's have the same chassis if you will, while the 650/Super 650 and 750's are completely different. I have two 550's and flat out love them, and you'll love yours too. I'm glad to hear it's running but I'd like to share some advice. There is a rubber boot that connects the carb to the cylinder. Over time, and with poor gas/ethanol, they deteriorate and turn into a goopy mess. Check your boot to make sure it's pliable, supple, and in good shape. Otherwise, you could lose your cylinder/piston. The boot issue is applicable to the whole group: 450/550's and 650/750's as they all have them. Good luck, congratulations, and enjoy your 550. Max.

Thanks guys, I saw Acres site. My rule of thumb for collectors is 70CC and bigger, or 24" bar and bigger, so it fit my parameters. I have gotten sucked into a half dozen or so small saws this year, just because I got them for less than $15 and they were all runners. I'll be busy for a couple days, then I'll pull all the covers off and clean it, sharpen the chain (it doesn't look bad), then stick it in some wood.

Latest posts

Back