Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The proprietor of a local OPE establishment had a stoke and pass away a few weeks ago. I have been helping his widow a bit sorting through the old saws and stuff, picked up some old Homelite parts saws as well as a few later model Stihl saws (small ones) that were not worth his time fixing. I have collected a nice LCS, Super EZ, and XL123 to go in my museum and identified a number of other saws that will be offered to the local historical society. Today while digging through some old stuff this was uncovered....

20181109_141706.jpg

20181109_141725.jpg

20181109_141747.jpg

As you can likely tell, never been fueled.

I will be sure to post a link to the on line auction site when it comes up.

Mark

I need some help assigning a fair value to three saws; LCS, XL123, and Super EZ. I picked these up helping a recent widow cleaning out an OPE shop after her husband passed away unexpectedly. I did get a truck load of parts saws in exchange for my labor so I want to give here a fair price for the saws. All three are rather dirty, do turn over, but I haven't check the spark or compression. The bar on the Super EZ is shot so I will be looking for a bar to go on that one. These will go on display in my museum when it gets completed within a few months.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

20181110_184050.jpg

20181110_184056.jpg

20181110_184104.jpg

20181110_184143.jpg

20181110_184209.jpg

20181110_184155.jpg

20181110_184221.jpg

20181110_184239.jpg

Mark

I couldn't tell you what the LCS is worth,I don't know enough about the "older" saws,but the XL-123 looks to be in good shape,so I'd say it's probably worth $100 without the bar & chain.If it runs & has a B&C,I'd say closer to $150.The SEZ's are making quite a comeback on Ebay lately.If the saw runs & is in good shape (which it looks like it is) probably around $100 - $135,maybe even more.Of course Ebay prices are another storyI know you probably don't have the time,but if you look on Ebay you can get a ball park idea of what they're worth.
Ed

I need some help assigning a fair value to three saws; LCS, XL123, and Super EZ. I picked these up helping a recent widow cleaning out an *** shop after her husband passed away unexpectedly. I did get a truck load of parts saws in exchange for my labor so I want to give here a fair price for the saws. All three are rather dirty, do turn over, but I haven't check the spark or compression. The bar on the Super EZ is shot so I will be looking for a bar to go on that one. These will go on display in my museum when it gets completed within a few months.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

View attachment 684413

View attachment 684414

View attachment 684415

View attachment 684416

View attachment 684417

View attachment 684418

View attachment 684419

View attachment 684420

Mark

Mark,

If you've never run a 123/76/130 series saw, it would be worth giving that 123 some action - just for kicks. When running well, they perform convincingly. If the grip start is original, I might even guess it sports an earlier style ignition. Points or chip. Ergonomics, balance and torque are great. Like a 10-10 on steroids.

SEZ's are a dime a dozen, but I'd say the XL-123 would be worth (to the right buyer) what a nice 10-10S could bring. The sleeper in some circles would certainly be the Model 26 since it seems complete and in real good condition. Tough call to suggest an appropriate offer under the circumstances. Perhaps she'd be consider donating them to the museum if she knew their purpose and final destination? I paid $25 for this just as it is pictured, but that was also a particularly lucky day for ol' Poge.

0522181625_resized.jpg

I happen to be working on a pair of 150's this week and one has the Tilly HK carb. In the process of disassembly and cleaning, the metering assembly launched into orbit when I removed the diaphragm. Found the shaft and lever but no luck with the spring. Also no luck (so far) finding an exploded parts diagram for the HK carb and I will only assume the metering spring isn't exactly a readily available part since it isn't included in the RK-32 kit. Anyone happen to have an HK laying around or know what other spring may work? By the looks of the pocket in the metering chamber where the spring sits, the spring would seem to be more of a shorter and wider type than the typical metering lever spring. I guess I could try whatever spring I may be able to scrounge up but don't want to be pulling the saw apart multiple times experimenting if I don't need to. Also not sure how critical the spring tension actually is in this situation. Any help or enlightenment will certainly be appreciated. TIA.

B84ECF31-7DE5-4CF3-A804-41B4720A8B8A.png
I happen to be working on a pair of 150's this week and one has the Tilly HK carb. In the process of disassembly and cleaning, the metering assembly launched into orbit when I removed the diaphragm. Found the shaft and lever but no luck with the spring. Also no luck (so far) finding an exploded parts diagram for the HK carb.
HK-3B?

Thank you, sir. And trust me..., I've been searching - with a magnet and on my knees with a ultra bright LED flashlight for a good two hours. Unfortunately this happened at my grinding bench and there's chain dust everywhere making the magnet approach a bit of a challenge. LOL

Any suggestions for a substitute spring? Or should I just take a stab at whatever I can come up with?

Back