Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up a Super EZ and SXL925 over the weekend. The EZ Runs great but I pulled the muffler off the 925. How bad is it? Also, can anyone identify the bar on it? Looks like an old Sugi? The EZ came with a 20" bar and the 925 a 24" bar.

UT for the 925 is 10510A instead of the usual 10415.

View attachment 714852 View attachment 714853 View attachment 714854 View attachment 714855
I would make it run. I just got a VI 955 running that is way worse than yours and it runs pretty decent with a scored piston. I was going to replace the piston and cylinder but decided to wait.

ba719e918526fde144d326131b33d35a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That looks like a pretty good runner. Do I need to tear mine down at all or run as is? I need to get the sprocket off before I run it to grease or replace the needle bearing and rim drive. I'd really like to get this one running due to the full wrap on it. I already have a good running 925 half wrap, and a parts saw 925.

This poor saw looks like it sat outside for a bit, the chain was frozen and the sprocket was as well. A little wd40 freed the sprocket, threw away the chain.

That looks like a pretty good runner. Do I need to tear mine down at all or run as is? I need to get the sprocket off before I run it to grease or replace the needle bearing and rim drive. I'd really like to get this one running due to the full wrap on it. I already have a good running 925 half wrap, and a parts saw 925.

This poor saw looks like it sat outside for a bit, the chain was frozen and the sprocket was as well. A little wd40 freed the sprocket, threw away the chain.
That would be up to you. I decided to run mine as is. Might check your compression.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The other side of the piston doesnt look too bad. I'm going to clean up some of the carbon and get a spark plug for it. Maybe do a few other things to it as well but it looks like it might run. Compression feels good but I'll rent a tester later today to verify. Feels at least 170 or more.

I'd like to replace the fuel line from metal to rubber, I have the grommet to do so, how do I go about removing the old fuel line? Looks like there is an orange thing passing through the tank at the moment.

I'm trying to get things together for my XP-1000.I picked up a good used cylinder for it back a couple of months ago.I've got twop used pistons that are bothe in good shape & they both have rings on them.I'd like to know what the end gap should be on the rings.
Ed

I'm trying to get things together for my XP-1000.I picked up a good used cylinder for it back a couple of months ago.I've got twop used pistons that are bothe in good shape & they both have rings on them.I'd like to know what the end gap should be on the rings.
Ed

It's in the 3rd Ed Manual. Around pg 48 - 49

Almost ready to fire up the SXL-925. Just need to get a chain fitted on it. Cleaned the carbon out of the exhaust, lubed the bearing for the sprocket, fuel cap duckbill. Havent touched the fuel line yet, going to see if it will run first.

Does anyone know how to make a clutch removal tool for the homelite 2 prong clutch? Or a part number for a tool?

What I've done is stick two drift pins in the holes & then put a piece of flat stock on it's edge in between them,make sure the flat stock is at least 18 in.L.Of course you know to use a piston stop,or a piece of rope shoved into the plug hole.Then twist away.You might have to tap a little on the piece of flat stock with a hammer to break it loose,but it works great for me.
Ed

Almost ready to fire up the SXL-925. Just need to get a chain fitted on it. Cleaned the carbon out of the exhaust, lubed the bearing for the sprocket, fuel cap duckbill. Havent touched the fuel line yet, going to see if it will run first.

Does anyone know how to make a clutch removal tool for the homelite 2 prong clutch? Or a part number for a tool?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A93791-CLU...h=item2f2b93ef75:g:9RIAAOSwVsRcQmAF:rk:6:pf:0
Here's the original cast iron model,there's a decent aluminum one also for about half the cost,I have 1 of each.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-HOMELI...rstClass!50312!US!-1:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Got good spark, good compression, but not getting fuel. So new fuel lines and carb kit it is. Looks like it wont be running for a bit longer.

Rebuilt the carb on the 925, fresh fuel line, filter, intake gasket, and reed holder. Wont pull fuel, any ideas?

Make sure you have the impulse hole open between the carb and cylinder. The new gasket should have a small hole lined up with the small hole in the carburetor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Make sure you have the impulse hole open between the carb and cylinder. The new gasket should have a small hole lined up with the small hole in the carburetor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, the gasket was lined up. The manifold hole was clear as well.

Rebuilt the carb on the 925, fresh fuel line, filter, intake gasket, and reed holder. Wont pull fuel, any ideas?
Did you pull the plugs when you did the carb? I've had some that will pass carb cleaner but still have a cake of funk in them from dissolved lines/wood debris. Both idle and high circuits. New line from elbow to the carb as well as elbow to the pickup? Will it start pulling after a couple of squirts into the carb + fire for a few seconds? Line laying in tank properly (no kink)? With the choke on you should see fuel pulling up through that line into the carb in a couple brisk pulls if the pump diaphragm/impulse is healthy, the idle circuit is clear and the metering needle/spring are allowing the fuel to pass.

Back