Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just save a 7-19c from the dump yesterday. Anybody need any parts?

Attachments

• 20200101_113858.jpg
    20200101_113858.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
6.97 cube/114cc monster,Produced August 1953 to August 1954.Not near as common as its replacement,the 5-30N sold until the late 1950's.I have a very clean 5-30N,the 5-30 series shares a few parts with the hard to find 7-29 & 8-29 series,those were Homelite's biggest saws at 129cc.

Ebay,a few online sellers are a good place to start,they should have what you need.A warning though,some parts are very hard to find.Still needing AA73403 cylinder shield & 72138 spark plug boot for mine.Original & reprint illustrated parts lists & reprint owner's manuals are out there too.Reprints much more common of course.

6.97 cube/114cc monster,Produced August 1953 to August 1954.Not near as common as its replacement,the 5-30N sold until the late 1950's.I have a very clean 5-30N,the 5-30 series shares a few parts with the hard to find 7-29 & 8-29 series,those were Homelite's biggest saws at 129cc.

Ebay,a few online sellers are a good place to start,they should have what you need.A warning though,some parts are very hard to find.Still needing AA73403 cylinder shield & 72138 spark plug boot for mine.Original & reprint illustrated parts lists & reprint owner's manuals are out there too.Reprints much more common of course.

Thanks Thistle! Was originally on the fence on fixing this one. But the more I learn about it the more I think it would be fun to here it run

Had to swing the super 1050A around for 2 1/2 hours today. Had a pine hung up in 2 others , some of the cutting at shoulder height and bore cutting with a 36" bar and HOLY COW are my shoulders sore!
But.404 skip was just so fast with that torque I couldn't resist.

I remember the first day my Dad went into business for himself. His old boss told him they had a big contract and that if they went over schedule they had to pay big penalties for every day over. But, if they came in under, they got a big bonus for every day under. The boss told everyone how they got a $20,000 bonus for bringing the job in under schedule. So when Dad got a chance he asked where his share was. His boss said, "you got your check", and walked away. The next day Dad went out and bought a brand new Asplundh 16" chipper, he had recently bought a new Chevy C30 12' stake body. We had all of the other equipment, but all of Dad's other saws were locked up at his old jobs shop. We took down a giant Linden tree and we only had 2 saws, Dad's XL101 he used up in the tree, and a Super 1050. I had to use that 1050 with the 24" bar all day, I was 16 years old. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I'm 64 now and my shoulders still hurt. That is one of Dad's saws I still have. A year or so after he passed in 2004, my mom called the day before I was leaving on vacation, and said she was having a big yard sale and was going to sell all of Dad's old equipment. I threw a major tissy fit and told her to sell everything. I've been trying to get all the saws I remember us having back on the shelves in my garage.
4laqa2f.jpg

Had to swing the super 1050A around for 2 1/2 hours today. Had a pine hung up in 2 others , some of the cutting at shoulder height and bore cutting with a 36" bar and HOLY COW are my shoulders sore!
But.404 skip was just so fast with that torque I couldn't resist.
Do you think the skip is faster? I bought a 45" bar and 1/2" pitch sprocket from Greg to put on one of my 1050's. I was planning on running 1/2" full comp.

Do you think the skip is faster? I bought a 45" bar and 1/2" pitch sprocket from Greg to put on one of my 1050's. I was planning on running 1/2" full comp.
I cut some pretty pitchy pine down here so the skip really clears the chips and pitch better for me , full comp might cut faster in some other woods but these damn lob lolly pines are full of buckets of sap ! If I was cutting was cutting hardwoods full comp would definitely be better.

I've been loosing alot of bolts out of the super 1050A so it was time for maintenance since I'm using it so much.
Replaced handle bolts with socket button caps and used thread lock orange, small block mopar rocker hold downs fit nicely on the handle for extra strength.
1 gas tank bolt with a holley base plate screw.20200119_122947.jpg 20200119_123004.jpg

Latest posts

Back