Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they have been baked 2 times each and the last one probably lasted an hr of of run time.
I’ll see what I find for Husky coils and go from there, I just want this saw to run and not be a shop queen.

Honestly I have never heard of the Husky conversion, if you do it please post some pictures and details. Thanks.

Honestly I have never heard of the Husky conversion, if you do it please post some pictures and details. Thanks.

I wrestled with a retrofit a few years ago. A lot of trial and error, degree wheel, timing gun and many coils later, I found the Husky coil is the best solution. A few guys tested it out on different saws using the blue Prestolite setup. It can be made to work with minor modifications. There were several posts on it. Tim (fossil) followed up with a test on a 76 and a good write up. The polarity of the husky flywheels is the same as the Wico/Prestolites used on Homelite and Pioneers. The 365 coil can also be used for some applications in the larger P-series.

I wrestled with a retrofit a few years ago. A lot of trial and error, degree wheel, timing gun and many coils later, I found the Husky coil is the best solution. A few guys tested it out on different saws using the blue Prestolite setup. It can be made to work with minor modifications. There were several posts on it. Tim (fossil) followed up with a test on a 76 and a good write up. The polarity of the husky flywheels is the same as the Wico/Prestolites used on Homelite and Pioneers. The 365 coil can also be used for some applications in the larger P-series.
Is that page 76?

Hey all. I'm new to the site and new to posting on forums, so I hope I'm doing this correctly. Currently reading up on Homelite to work on a LX30 Bandit and VI Super 2. I'm 80 pages into this thread and counting. Took a minute to browse C-list and came across this listing:
Screenshot_20200511-072822_Chrome.jpg
Figured I would post here to get an idea of value from all ye guru's.

The VI Super 2 is out of its case but here is the Bandit.
20200511_072643.jpg
Thanks!

Yes and No.
To paint it in automotive finishes is expensive And is not as durable.
I can make any color I want. I have a Glasurit 55 line in my shop.
I stopped by the powder coater and nothing even close.
I guess I will have to paint it with Basecoat and clearcoat it.
I have a nice match to the inside of the handle. If I can get BASF to tell me what the paint deck color card number was matched to I could give you guys a paint code for homelite red orange.

Thanks!
Looks like a pile of Fun.
I don’t buy saws to flip but for fun the worse the better.
Complete chainsaw if my resources dry up for free, I will pay tops 30 bucks for old vibrators.
E bay will give you the value on the completed sold listings.
i am no guru either, just having fun tripping over saws everywhere.

I stopped by the powder coater and nothing even close.
I guess I will have to paint it with Basecoat and clearcoat it.
I have a nice match to the inside of the handle. If I can get BASF to tell me what the paint deck color card number was matched to I could give you guys a paint code for homelite red orange.
I 've found that Massey Ferguson Red is a very close match to the color under the tanks and on crancase - used it on all m Homelites from 50's to SEZAO.

I 've found that Massey Ferguson Red is a very close match to the color under the tanks and on crancase - used it on all m Homelites from 50's to SEZAO.
Thanks I will check to see If anyone on line has in powder coat. I Would rather powder coat vs painting.

Looks like a pile of Fun.
I don’t buy saws to flip but for fun the worse the better.
Complete chainsaw if my resources dry up for free, I will pay tops 30 bucks for old vibrators.
E bay will give you the value on the completed sold listings.
i am no guru either, just having fun tripping over saws everywhere.
Yeah, tons of fun! Waiting on parts has resulted in many a stubbed toe. Not interested in flipping as much as what hard to find parts were shown in the add vs asking price. On a side note, hadn't thought to check the-bay for complete price comparison. I'll check that out. Thank you!

Hey all. I'm new to the site and new to posting on forums, so I hope I'm doing this correctly. Currently reading up on Homelite to work on a LX30 Bandit and VI Super 2. I'm 80 pages into this thread and counting. Took a minute to browse C-list and came across this listing:
View attachment 826823

The VI Super 2 is out of its case but here is the Bandit.
View attachment 826824
Thanks!
Just be warned that those saws, running are worth about 25 bucks. If you have one with dual triggers and it’s spotless you might get 45 bucks. And they are very plentiful so there’s nothing “hard to find” about them.

They are good little saws though. Most frequently they need new duckbill valves and/or fuel/oil lines. I’ve never actually seen on that died from use.

Latest posts

Back