Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing must be some loud! The neighbours would be ready to kill you. Nothing like starting a chainsaw and letting it run at high speed for a couple hours.hehe
I don't think they were bad. Look at the muffler on it, it's as big as the one on my BIL's Kubota diesel.

By the way, when I converted this bar over to .404 my drive link count was 75 on a 24" bar. Which is the same for my McCulloch bars and poulan. I've found you can get 74 on but only with a 7 tooth spur or rim ,and its tight.
The 1050 only has an 8 pin rim. I over compensated first and cut 76 links but the newer Homelite bar doesn't have enough adjustment slot to adjust out , and I lowered the oil slot on the bar plate about an 1/8th of an inch . The bar itself has a hardened insert in the oil port so modifying it is a no go.

Hey,that felling spike looks familiar.Lol
Looks like it's on upside down. Pretty sure that style spike is supposed to sit flat with the bottom of the case and the other spikes at an upward angle. And yeah, someone tried cutting concrete with this chain. I'd sharpen it if I could pull the damned saw over.

0728202005_resized.jpg

0728202003_resized.jpg

Looks like it's on upside down. Pretty sure that style spike is supposed to sit flat with the bottom of the case and the other spikes at an upward angle. And yeah, someone tried cutting concrete with this chain. I'd sharpen it if I could pull the damned saw over.

Thanks for the pictures poge , I thought it might be but wasn't sure.
The other one I have has the BIG spike on it.

Hey these saws are no joke to start! or pull over. The trigger lock helped some but still have to bring my A game when I fire it up.

Those are definitely west coast spikes,made for trees with thick bark.It is possible that someone from your area put them on the saw not knowing what they were for & thought it made the saw look "tough & mean".Lol

Those are definitely west coast spikes,made for trees with thick bark.It is possible that someone from your area put them on the saw not knowing what they were for & thought it made the saw look "tough & mean".Lol
Could be? But the shop owner told me the the guy moved to South Carolina traded a couple of saws for smaller ones 20 some years ago.
The lob lolly pine have a chunky bark around here, I've cut 2 over 36"DBH and a dozen over 24"DBH this year and the big spikes do help.

Could be? But the shop owner told me the the guy moved to South Carolina traded a couple of saws for smaller ones 20 some years ago.
The lob lolly pine have a chunky bark around here, I've cut 2 over 36"DBH and a dozen over 24"DBH this year and the big spikes do help.
I wasn't aware that you had trees down in your area that had thick bark like that.Up north here we have a lot of hardwoods & their bark is fairly thin.

Back