Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a new fuel line & rebuilt the carb for my XL-800AM today.I had to start the saw about 3 times to get the idle setting right & the 3rd time I got knocked on my keister.The plug wire had a bare spot by the plug shield & was shorting out.I dropped the saw about 3 ft.onto my porch & it just kept running.Lol Now I need to get a new coil lead.

LOL I haven't even tried in probably 8 or 9 months. Truth be told, I've just recently recovered from a nasty yank/twist on my neck and right pec from a XL98 drop start that didn't go as planned. Handle was already bent weird and the balance on those is poor anyway. Major turd move on my part..., and I knew better which made it worse. 'Bout 5 months of constant pain and restricted mobility right there and I'm in no hurry to re-aggravate it, especially with another Homelite! Last time it was started was by a guy who had just recovered from shoulder surgery himself, but he also had a bunch of PT under his belt and was more than capable. Fired up like it should have, but the diaphragms weren't very cooperative for tuning. I put a new kit in it and it hasn't been run since.

LOL I haven't even tried in probably 8 or 9 months. Truth be told, I've just recently recovered from a nasty yank/twist on my neck and right pec from a XL98 drop start that didn't go as planned. Handle was already bent weird and the balance on those is poor anyway. Major turd move on my part..., and I knew better which made it worse. 'Bout 5 months of constant pain and restricted mobility right there and I'm in no hurry to re-aggravate it, especially with another Homelite! Last time it was started was by a guy who had just recovered from shoulder surgery himself, but he also had a bunch of PT under his belt and was more than capable. Fired up like it should have, but the diaphragms weren't very cooperative for tuning. I put a new kit in it and it hasn't been run since.

Well I'm glad its running, any injury would make that saw difficult to start in my opinion. As you can see in my videos I'm only about 5'8" so its a whole core move for me to start that thing.
They are such a blast to run though I was hoping you got the chain straitened out or a new one to give it a run.

Somebody make me an offer on this saw!
Super XL925. I've had it listed both locally and here for months and no bites, I'm probably too high on my price but I'm not sure what it's worth. I will throw in a 24inch bar and good chain for the right price.
New fuel line,filter, carb kit, runs and cuts great.
I will also entertain trades for Macs or Mac parts.
da47d6915f58d091849db41fc7c2e479.jpg
fcdcf125964b3b9347d81b9a64d237f6.jpg
29205777262f6dfc8d665c5b44a1c2fe.jpg
4aa64f8060a3e7b8229d798cf4f017b5.jpg
2069f3d47d746e086937ad210da7a383.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Somebody make me an offer on this saw! I've had it listed both locally and here for months and no bites, I'm probably too high on my price but I'm not sure what it's worth. I will throw in a 24inch bar and good chain for the right price.
New fuel line,filter, carb kit, runs and cuts great.
I will also entertain trades for Macs or Mac parts.
da47d6915f58d091849db41fc7c2e479.jpg
fcdcf125964b3b9347d81b9a64d237f6.jpg
29205777262f6dfc8d665c5b44a1c2fe.jpg
4aa64f8060a3e7b8229d798cf4f017b5.jpg
2069f3d47d746e086937ad210da7a383.jpg

Where are you at pricewise right now?

I priced it based on what I know of 82cc Macs, I dont know much of the value of these. I original had it $350 obo. But at this point I would probably do $200 plus the ride.
I'm not gonna sell it for $100, I just feel it's worth more than that.

If I already didn't have a 925 I'd be all over that too.I can't believe nobody wants it for $350.I've seen them go for a lot more than $350 on eBay.Try lowering your price locally to $300,I don't want to see you lose out.

I priced it based on what I know of 82cc Macs, I dont know much of the value of these. I original had it $350 obo. But at this point I would probably do $200 plus the ride.

Terrible timing, I want one of these ! But have to fix the Ms. Transmission first .
If you still have it at the beginning of September I'll buy it.
Got any pics of the cylinder?

I just picked up a super 1050 auto. The spur sprocket looks pretty worn. What pitch did the saw come with from factory? Collectors corner saw .404 but all I can find is 1/2". There was no chain on the saw for reference. Also do these saws only have 1 adjustment screw on the car besides idle?

I just picked up a super 1050 auto. The spur sprocket looks pretty worn. What pitch did the saw come with from factory? Collectors corner saw .404 but all I can find is 1/2". There was no chain on the saw for reference. Also do these saws only have 1 adjustment screw on the car besides idle?
Both of mine came with .404 , 1 spur 1 rim drive.
The rim drive is specific to that series of saws , the drum only has 6 splines on the drive that the rim goes on. Rims are only found in .404 with 8 drive slots (8pin), that I have found.
The sdc carb has 1 T-handle low adjustable jet aka screw . It also has an idle set screw but no high adjustable screw.
Post some pictures of your spur and saw.
Once you get it running it's gonna ruin you ,they are BEASTS!

Kevin,depending on when the saw was made it could possibly be 77cc.The early 925's were 82cc & then Homelite had some problems with the engines burning up,so they cut them down by 5cc.The later saws were 77cc.I don't know any way of telling which engine you have other than measuring the bore.

Terrible timing, I want one of these ! But have to fix the Ms. Transmission first .
If you still have it at the beginning of September I'll buy it.
Got any pics of the cylinder?
I don't, I've never had a reason to look at it lol. If your serious, I will pull the muffler and take a couple pics. (If it doesnt sell).

I WILL GIVE YOU THE 200. DOES IT COME WITH A BAR?

Back