Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have gasket material, would appreciate the pdf, super thanks
Depending on how old the HDC is, it may have the additional impulse port that is fed through an index in the throttle shaft. If so, the gasket will have to be larger in that area and have that hole as well. I know I have blocked off a couple accidentally when making new gaskets and/or left them partially open with a smaller kit gasket.

Im not much of a Homelite guy,, but I have a couple. Traded a few non-runners for this almost runner. New intake boot and she runs great.
20201021_201025.jpg

Also have this ugly thing, but it does run.
20201016_190413.jpg
And I have a few dual trigger saws that aren't worth posting.

I do have gasket material, would appreciate the pdf, super thanks

Attached Lee. XL-1 gasket is the same as the Super mini.

I've never seen the open passage that Cory (hoggwood) is talking about but if you see an additional passage at the front of the carb face, cut the gasket to cover it.

I print the page at 100% (make sire it fits right at that print size) and cut the printed template out and tape it over a piece of gasket material a little larger than the template. Cover the whole template and overhang on the gasket material with Scotch tape.

Cut / punch all the internal holes and and then cut the out line with scissors. The template will then fall off and you have the gasket.

Attachments

• XL-1 adaptor to carb gasket.PDF
    293.1 KB · Views: 31
Attached Lee. XL-1 gasket is the same as the Super mini.

I've never seen the open passage that Cory (hoggwood) is talking about but if you see an additional passage at the front of the carb face, cut the gasket to cover it.

I print the page at 100% (make sire it fits right at that print size) and cut the printed template out and tape it over a piece of gasket material a little larger than the template. Cover the whole template and overhang on the gasket material with Scotch tape.

Cut / punch all the internal holes and and then cut the out line with scissors. The template will then fall off and you have the gasket.
Got it thanks, looks good! yes we are safe and well, hoping you guys are too.

Any time buddy.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I hope that solves the problem.
I've checked and blew out all passages, installed new hoses and tried lighter weight oil. Even vegetable oil. Not a drop yet.
I've taken the saw apart 4 times. Even the jug twice. I'm getting really fast at it.
I've had it with this junker.

I have 2 really nice ones that I've restored.
2bdd2f6daef5e2e0a2ab40a524ccff01.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Initial priming can take awhile on some saws even if everything is new and working correctly. May want to just let it sit and idle a bit with no bar and chain and see if that's the case with yours.
That's what I did more than once. Had the bar and cover off. Let it set for 10 to 15 minutes idling. Not a drop.
I even disconnected the oil line from the tank to the pump and let the hose fill before I reconnected it.

Latest posts

Back