Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20201124_182118.jpg20201124_182130.jpg20201124_182123.jpg
I was just being silly, I knew it was a xl-15 .
Despite the artistic stylings of the PO the saw is in pretty ruff shape ,alot of mag rot and rust, it might have been in water?
If I can salvage the gear box and bow bar I'll make good on the 20$ investment I made.
It came with a backward chain haha.

I was just being silly, I knew it was a xl-15 .
Despite the artistic stylings of the PO the saw is in pretty ruff shape ,alot of mag rot and rust, it might have been in water?
If I can salvage the gear box and bow bar I'll make good on the 20$ investment I made.
It came with a backward chain haha.

I see that nasty paint covering a lot of damage. From what I can tell of my XL15, only the reduction and tag make it unique. Swap that stuff over to an XL12 of the same vintage and no one would ever be the wiser...other than the paint job. There is also a member here is dire need of a reduction as I recall.

Keep the tag/recoil, reduction and bar at the very least. It also needs the correct oil fill plug on the reduction. Mine came with the very same pipe plug stuffed in.

Very wonderful.
Do you have a source or PN# for those type mufflers?
I have searched several times and found nothing.
Clint
If you need a stack muffler? I have a couple of them. Send me your address in p.m. an I'll throw one in the mail for you.

If you need a stack muffler? I have a couple of them. Send me your address in p.m. an I'll throw one in the mail for you.
I don't know how interchangeable the stacks are, but I really wanted to take one off a big "C" and put it on a 1050. It sounds so good on my C72, it would have to sound better on a 1050.

OK, I'm going by my old saw guys place Friday. I think I have 4 saws there I'd like to get. One of the early, original EZ's, a Mac 250, a Mac 710, and big old Stihl, that I don't know what it is. I'll put the 45" bar and spikes on the 1050 and have him cut me a loop of .404. Then I can post some pics. It's the last of my Dad's 1050's and it's the oldest one with a Tilly carb.

Back