Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh me. I've only seen pics of them.
I hope to stick one in wood someday.
Hard to find here on the east coast.
I was finally able to find one in Ct.
52b51b437dc0d3e7938b3c05b1b7fa63.jpg
c521cef36f53126f4b0775d2daf455e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Oh me. I've only seen pics of them.
I hope to stick one in wood someday.
Hard to find here on the east coast.
Those are definitely big wood saws. I've been lucky enough to run my 900g with a 58" bar buried in big ole very pitchy Doug Fir. With new 1/2" chipper chain, the saw didn't even work up a sweat. I believe my ears did bleed a bit though.

All I had to do was replace the fuel line from the tank to the carb. I opted to do the in-tank line and carb kit just to be sure. He originally was way too over priced but I got it for half his original price after waiting and watching it for 5+wks.

Those are definitely big wood saws. I've been lucky enough to run my 900g with a 58" bar buried in big ole very pitchy Doug Fir. With new 1/2" chipper chain, the saw didn't even work up a sweat. I believe my ears did bleed a bit though.
Oh good golly. Everything about it is big. That would way over kill here, but lots of fun.

Hey Clint look at this beast and it's a convertible gear drive from outside to inside bar mount.

1a27721b3b25460c0209c79dc23802a1.jpg

That's really cool. Mine is not a gear drive. I hope to get it running this winter.
The piston is stuck. Some big dummy took the spark plug out years ago and didn't put it back.
I put some oil in the cylinder and will take my time when tearing it down.
I weighed mine. It's 27 pounds with the bar. Yours is probably closer to 30.

That's really cool. Mine is not a gear drive. I hope to get it running this winter.
The piston is stuck. Some big dummy took the spark plug out years ago and didn't put it back.

Actually 40# with 31” x 7/16” empty.

13dd3faf3aaadf69f84424855b49e42b.jpg

I also have the Pro 88 direct drive w/24” x 7/16”.
ac169e83100cab305666fc83017453fb.jpg

Background.

Foreground is a SL5R and GL7 middle.

Clint, try the 50/50 acetone/atf soak. I had a C72 locked up tighter than a gnats azz. Soaked it for two weeks and it broke loose. Was a little disappointed, it only had about 70 PSI. Pushed it to the back of the bench for a month or two. Went back to get my gauge out of it. Pulled it over and was blowing over 100 PSI. Ran up to the garage and put a shot of mix in the carb. Fired right up. That C72 with a stack on it sounds gooood.

Clint, try the 50/50 acetone/atf soak. I had a C72 locked up tighter than a gnats azz. Soaked it for two weeks and it broke loose. Was a little disappointed, it only had about 70 PSI. Pushed it to the back of the bench for a month or two. Went back to get my gauge out of it. Pulled it over and was blowing over 100 PSI. Ran up to the garage and put a shot of mix in the carb. Fired right up. That C72 with a stack on it sounds gooood.
Thanks Joe
I will try the 50/50 mix.
That stack has problems, but I think I can make it work.
It's not a saw that I will be using a lot. I just want to get it back running.
Free 1050 9.jpg
It looks like the holes were drilled out to fit a D4 dozer.
Clint

I thought I had found a problem with the C72 piston. It seem there was to much play between the wrist pin and piston.
As I was removing the wrist pin keeper the little devil went flying and I can't find it.
After I got the pin out the needle bearing looks fine and the play not as bad as I thought. Natural for a needle bearing I believe.
I have a C series manual ordered and as soon as I get the keeper part number I will try and find one and order two. LOL

I thought I had found a problem with the C72 piston. It seem there was to much play between the wrist pin and piston.
As I was removing the wrist pin keeper the little devil went flying and I can't find it.
After I got the pin out the needle bearing looks fine and the play not as bad as I thought. Natural for a needle bearing I believe.
I have a C series manual ordered and as soon as I get the keeper part number I will try and find one and order two. LOL
It’s under the fridge. Even if your in the shed and the fridge is in the house. That’s where all little springy things land.

Latest posts

Back