Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, man. Thank you!

You could probably do pretty well on those if your resources can pop a few out. Hafta let the Remington thread know if so. Not many sources at all for the Remington spikes and I'm not aware of any source for a larger XL/SXL spike. Even the normal Homelite spikes can be scarce, not to mention overpriced.

Nah, man. Thank you!

You could probably do pretty well on those if your resources can pop a few out. Hafta let the Remington thread know if so. Not many sources at all for the Remington spikes and I'm not aware of any source for a larger XL/SXL spike. Even the normal Homelite spikes can be scarce, not to mention overpriced.
Yeah I still have a big stack of the Mac spikes, even did some Husky spikes for Woodslasher. Just gotta get motivated and put them on eBay.

Anyone know what other bucking spikes will fit a xl 12? i got one and it really needs one.

If you can wait that long I’ll have some for sale shortly after the first of the year. There will be a standard dog and a more aggressive one for the Xl 12 and similar saws.

Oh boy look what I found! It's actually a 1130G not 3100G but still a beast.
It came with a 50" bar and helper handle.
b7a1d0bbf644f54a8866784a15963dd4.jpg
ec4789c594c9df58414851742bbf20ea.jpg
e81320f04ff972ca297cd1f7f8361bc4.jpg
622cb2652daec6d8020ebe3d5de9717a.jpg
7fa61fb66472fc281b372c2373c59d8c.jpg
a7a4cbbd30938054175fd92782df7728.jpg
184d3f37a36066ad00545d17980a441d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I finally got around to running a Super Mini I cobbled together last spring. I was out with a friend who’s family lived across from Terry Industries back in the day. I had fixed up an XL-76 for him a few years back. The Super Mini pulled admirably as expected. I wanted to send him the old Coffee Break video awhile back but the link had been removed. I found another one.
A beautiful era for the little muscle saw. Enjoy them, again.

If you guys saw what I did with all the spikes my Dad took off saws, you'd take me out behind the barn and shoot Me. Took a metal pale full of them to the scrap yard when Dad retired and moved. Heck, I think I’ll take me out behind the barn and shoot me. I did find one for Dads Super 1050 on a parts saw. One down, many to go.

If you guys saw what I did with all the spikes my Dad took off saws, you'd take me out behind the barn and shoot Me. Took a metal pale full of them to the scrap yard when Dad retired and moved. Heck, I think I’ll take me out behind the barn and shoot me. I did find one for Dads Super 1050 on a parts saw. One down, many to go.
You really can't judge yourself to harshly, if you guys worked better without them , and you guys had a pretty successful career.
When I was a kid all my bikes (petal style) had the old school slicks on the back , you couldn't convince me tread was better ! No matter how many times I beefed it in the rain.

Ira, I’ve got to post a pic of Dougs older brother, the last of Dads 1050’s, the one with the Tilley on it. When I found the spike for it, it was kind of pinned behind a bunch of other big saws by the 36” bar, so I just sat the spike on the shelf. Last time I went by my old saw guys shop I pulled it down to put the 45” bar on it. I never noticed, it has a muffler cover on it. I think I’ve had 4 other 1050’s and none had covers. Even the pic on Acres site does not have one.

Ira, I’ve got to post a pic of Dougs older brother, the last of Dads 1050’s, the one with the Tilley on it. When I found the spike for it, it was kind of pinned behind a bunch of other big saws by the 36” bar, so I just sat the spike on the shelf. Last time I went by my old saw guys shop I pulled it down to put the 45” bar on it. I never noticed, it has a muffler cover on it. I think I’ve had 4 other 1050’s and none had covers. Even the pic on Acres site does not have one.
Must have been the last one in the line up?
That muffler cover has been an elusive critter for me, but it doesn't effect running so no big deal.
A 45" bar is a Beast! Definitely put a picture of that up.
Funny story, I was messing around with Doug yesterday trying out some after market elasto start handles for the pull start from HLsports, 20201223_143431.jpg
First one lasted 2 whole pulls! 20201223_144436.jpg
Second one didn't even look like it was gonna make 1 pull ,lol .
Needless to say I'll have to try a factory stihl handle to see how I like it. I put the original Homelite back on.

Back