Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Needless to say I'll have to try a factory stihl handle to see how I like it.
I've thought about that for my 1050A. Part number is 1122-190-3400 for the 4.5mm x 1000mm heavy duty version used on the bigger Stihls. A little pricey at around $22 ~ $25, tho. Have one on my old 066 flat top w/o compression release and ridiculous compression. It's saved my wrist and shoulder many times from some serious bite back and is still holding up. The smaller 1128 190 3400 version would have probably snapped long ago under the same strain.

I bought the bar and a half inch rim for it from Greg. Planned on putting half inch on it "just because". I know a guy with two rolls, but he won't sell them. He might cut me a loop. I put the Super 68, with a 31" in the back ground for perspective. He cut me a loop for it. He thinks the 1050 will pull it. It's just for looks and GTG's. We had this one and another newer one with an SDC. That's the one I melted running it lean, and gave to SVK. Over the years, I remember breaking a starter rope on one, so I just pulled the recoil off the other one. Don't know if I ever swapped them back, and they had different decals on them. So, this one might not be correct in that department. This will be the last saw I ever sell, they might burry me with it. It is the first saw I ever used on a job, and I hurt for a week afterwards.
scejAEd.jpg

I'm replacing the crank seals in my C72.
My research says the PTO seal 56256A is a SKF 7414 single lip. I'd rather have double lips.
Does anyone have a SKF number for the 56256A seal? For the FW side. Again I'd rather have a double lip.
Thanks for any help.
I posted this wrong and can't edit it.
I'm looking for a CR, SKF, National, Timken, etc. number for the Homelite 58308A seal.

I posted this wrong and can't edit it.
I'm looking for a CR, SKF, National, Timken, etc. number for the Homelite 58308A seal.
I have yet to find one. I ordered a SKF 6130 which is .625 shaft seal and it’s way too tight. I don’t trust it so I ordered one off chansawr.

I think there’s enough meat there to bore the housing for a more common seal but I didn’t want to mess with it because it’s a friends saw.

edit: I’m talking about a Super XL automatic.

I have yet to find one. I ordered a SKF 6130 which is .625 shaft seal and it’s way too tight. I don’t trust it so I ordered one off chansawr.

I think there’s enough meat there to bore the housing for a more common seal but I didn’t want to mess with it because it’s a friends saw.

edit: I’m talking about a Super XL automatic.
CR6119 or 6120 are both .625x.875x.188

Dichtomatik 068091VM seal is
.688x.938x.172

I have a local company I was associated with when I was working. There business is bearings and seals.
All I have to do is give them the right info and they can get me anything.......and I still get a discount.
I may call them and ask if I give them the shaft and outside diameter if they can run with that.

PTO side depends on whether it's an auto or manual oiler drive case for the XL-12/SXL Series according to one of the compilation lists I have (and according to a Remington PL-4 rebuild I just did with the manual oiler drive case that took 6119's on both sides).

-PTO Side Seal for saws with the auto oiler drivecase with the fill up by the
handlebar bracket: 58308B.(07021). Aftermarket? The next one someone discovers will be the first. I've seen references and discussions about a Dichtomatik match, but never a real world confirmation of one.

-PTO Side Seal for saws with the manual oiler drivecase and the oil fill down below
the muffler: 12282A. SKF 6119 double lip. SKF 6120 single lip. National 253747.
Poulan 530019097

-F/W Seal:12282A (OLD # 58688A). SKF 6119 double lip. SKF 6120 single lip. National
253747. Poulan530019097.

PTO side depends on whether it's an auto or manual oiler drive case for the XL-12/SXL Series according to one of the compilation lists I have (and according to a Remington PL-4 rebuild I just did with the manual oiler drive case that took 6119's on both sides).

-PTO Side Seal for saws with the auto oiler drivecase with the fill up by the
handlebar bracket: 58308B.(07021). Aftermarket? The next one someone discovers will be the first. I've seen references and discussions about a Dichtomatik match, but never a real world confirmation of one.

-PTO Side Seal for saws with the manual oiler drivecase and the oil fill down below
the muffler: 12282A. SKF 6119 double lip. SKF 6120 single lip. National 253747.
Poulan 530019097

-F/W Seal:12282A (OLD # 58688A). SKF 6119 double lip. SKF 6120 single lip. National
253747. Poulan530019097.
That’s the info I found over on HOH. Seen your post there. I searched Dichtomatik as well for a match to 58308 but to no avail.

925 which is what I went for and ole blue XL12.
He was in a selling mood and I was in a buying mood. LOL
My Santa money is almost gone.
Mostly "good" sellers get pretty generous when they see a bit of enthusiasm from the buyer. Sometimes I have a difficult time restraining my excitement when I see alot of old saws laying about.

Mostly "good" sellers get pretty generous when they see a bit of enthusiasm from the buyer. Sometimes I have a difficult time restraining my excitement when I see alot of old saws laying about.
That's what happened to me today, but there is lots more saws there plus new OEM parts to be had.

Back