Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ev
Looking for Homelite clutch spider #58546-2. Fits a model 2000. And, no, the one off a 2100 won't work.

Found a dash one and a dash three on evilbay but no dash two.
Evilbay, that's funny! Have you tried Shelby county empliment in shelbina. It's a good chance, talk to Pat Greenwell. I have his # if you like

4472e0e7ee4d3e87b10afb233d959de6.jpg

Did someone say 2000?

Hello never posted in this thread before and I have a xl-903 that at least needs a piston maybe a cylinder but it's not all scored up so probably just stick with replacing the piston. So I need to know what parts will fit on it from the other xl series ie. 904 913 921 ect. Thanks

Hello never posted in this thread before and I have a xl-903 that at least needs a piston maybe a cylinder but it's not all scored up so probably just stick with replacing the piston. So I need to know what parts will fit on it from the other xl series ie. 904 913 921 ect. Thanks

The 82cc pistons (2-1/16" dia) from the XL-800 - XL-955 should fit. There is also someone out there making an aftermarket piston for these saws. I don't know anything about them as far as quality goes.

I'll send you a PM.

Help with my 901 manual oiler please Dads. image.jpg The shaft under the oiler button (I think it's called the plunger) was pretty wobbley, oil leaked out of the plugger and plunger body, and generally wouldn't oil that well. I got a couple of homelite o-rings and changed them out. Put it all back together and it still does the same thing. Do I just not have the nut tight enough? Does it have to be pretty dang tight? I didn't want to over tighten it.

Updated since the above post...the oil is coming from between the plunger shaft and the nut that holds it down (well duh!). So how do I keep it from leaking there? Are my o-rings in the right spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Help with my 901 manual oiler please Dads. View attachment 411431 The shaft under the oiler button (I think it's called the plunger) was pretty wobbley, oil leaked out of the plugger and plunger body, and generally wouldn't oil that well. I got a couple of homelite o-rings and changed them out. Put it all back together and it still does the same thing. Do I just not have the nut tight enough? Does it have to be pretty dang tight? I didn't want to over tighten it.

Updated since the above post...the oil is coming from between the plunger shaft and the nut that holds it down (well duh!). So how do I keep it from leaking there? Are my o-rings in the right spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The walls of the oiler well may be scarred or oversized from where.

Back