Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I’ve gotta get me a 1020/1050 at some point.
Honestly been meaning to put the full wrap in service lately but I had a couple of saw projects I was finishing up and had to get some tanks of mix through them.
The 1050s with the SDC carburetor run so smoothly and throttle response is instant, I should get them out more, I've looked at another one recently but funds are a little bit tight as far as big money( bills still take priority). I've been nickel and diming some projects together though.
I'd like to try an sdc conversion on a C-72 or similar model just to see how it works out? But finding the little plastic manifold is problematic.

Found a $10 HS-135A on the bay for the XL-98 that's headed my way. Would still be interested in what you may find at the scrap yard.

Is there any way the governor could be affecting the low circuit to the extent of killing the saw at idle? I haven't even tried to remove it as it's in there to stay. How about a reed issue? Seems to me they either work or they don't if in good condition with no cracks in the intake block or reed assembly itself.

Have you pressure checked the carb and fuel lines yet?

Easiest way is to pull the filter and work from that end of the line.

Another issue can be a clog in the low side circuit. Often these cannot be cleaned out using solvents alone. You would need to disassemble the carb and pull the Welch plug and use a small wire to clear the passage.

Also, if still trying to locate a replacement carb and not opposed to Walbro, the WJ-27 will work very well as a replacement.

Sorry if someone recommended this already.

Wow. I forgot about that damned thing already! But thanks for the input and reminding me. Went through all that and then some. The 10 buck carb did the trick. Not completely dialed in here but ended up just dandy. Completely forgot I shot this. It will be the last episode. LOL

Back