Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered from Chainsawr and it was the wrong one so I sent it back along with the seal I pulled from the case. Hopefully they can match it up. If not I’m going to turn the crank to 16mm and bore the case to 24mm and use a metric seal. Just gotta be patient I guess lol
I opened up one of the seal bores on my 1100g so that it would take a modern and available seal.

I fiddled with a blue XL12 and C72 today for 2 hours. Both had been setting for decades.
The XL12 had fire and then lost it. The C72 barked at me once. Both carbs probably need attention.
It got so close to my confidence, after I quit I went and started 4 of my good saws. 3 to 4 pulls each and they were running.
It was nice to hear them make noise.

I fiddled with a blue XL12 and C72 today for 2 hours. Both had been setting for decades.
The XL12 had fire and then lost it. The C72 barked at me once. Both carbs probably need attention.
It got so close to my confidence, after I quit I went and started 4 of my good saws. 3 to 4 pulls each and they were running.
It was nice to hear them make noise.
You might want to replace the sparkplug wire, having been sitting so long they turn to crap. I brought a 25' roll of 5mm wire to do that to a lot of the saws.

Homelite enthusiast in training.

You might want to replace the sparkplug wire, having been sitting so long they turn to crap. I brought a 25' roll of 5mm wire to do that to a lot of the saws.

Homelite enthusiast in training.
That did come to mind. Is the 5mm wire the stranded type? I've looked around for some in bulk. I will check with our NAPA store.
I didn't have them on the bench. I was outside enjoying the weather and was taking a first look at both saws.
I have a couple of saws I need to get off the bench before I tear down another one.
I did take the mufflers off to take a look, The XL12 was okay, but the C72 had bad scoring on the piston and very low compression.

Posted a while back in the You Suck thread Nine Saws I picked up. Tried to post the quote here but failed. Anyway, the Super EZ I finally got around to this week. Cleaned it up, pulled the carb apart -Fuel pump diaphragm was a little stiff and probably needs replacement, metering diaphragm was super soft and perfect. Soaked the pumper in some brake fluid and worked the little tabs backnforth a bit and put it back together. Fuel lines look soft/pliable so didn't mess with them, blew out the air filter and shined the plug. Rewound the starter cord a little tighter. Fuel looked good but removed it anyway. Fresh fuel, primed the carb with direct injection, choke, pull it, running and idling. Need to pick up 2 starter cover bolts and one bar cover bolt and sharpen chain. What a cool little saw, I like it.
Here some pics if you're still here:

Attachments

• HOMEY EZ 2.jpg
    HOMEY EZ 2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Homelite Super EZ.jpeg
    Homelite Super EZ.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Homelite Super EZ 2.jpeg
    Homelite Super EZ 2.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Homelite Super EZ 3.jpeg
    Homelite Super EZ 3.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 12
  • Homelite Super EZ 4.jpeg
    Homelite Super EZ 4.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Homelite Super EZ 5.jpeg
    Homelite Super EZ 5.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Homelite Super EZ 6.jpeg
    Homelite Super EZ 6.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Homelite Super EZ 7.jpeg
    Homelite Super EZ 7.jpeg
    378.5 KB · Views: 14
Did remove and clean the muffler. Other than the lid, there was nothing else in there.....no baffles at all. Normal for this saw? Saw came with case, several chains, a new chain, and original paper manual. The avg cost of each saw in the 9 saw deal is $17.77. Saw doesn't looked used much to me so I think its worth putting in for the 2 starter cover bolts and one bar cover nut. It does seem to have a little stiffness in the starter mechanism. When I get the bolts, I'll take it back off and try some lube.

Some more:

Attachments

• Homelite Super EZ 8.jpeg
    Homelite Super EZ 8.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Homelite Super EZ carb.jpeg
    Homelite Super EZ carb.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Homelite Super EZ starter.jpeg
    Homelite Super EZ starter.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Homelite Super EZ muff.jpeg
    Homelite Super EZ muff.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Homelite Super EZ muff2.jpeg
    Homelite Super EZ muff2.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 9
Did remove and clean the muffler. Other than the lid, there was nothing else in there.....no baffles at all. Normal for this saw? Saw came with case, several chains, a new chain, and original paper manual. The avg cost of each saw in the 9 saw deal is $17.77. Saw doesn't looked used much to me so I think its worth putting in for the 2 starter cover bolts and one bar cover nut. It does seem to have a little stiffness in the starter mechanism. When I get the bolts, I'll take it back off and try some lube.

Some more:
It would be very hard to find a saw of that age to be as good. Good job.
Are the other 8 Homelite's?

It would be very hard to find a saw of that age to be as good. Good job.
Are the other 8 Homelite's?
There are 2 later model Homelites post magnesium case error, 3 old Stihls, 1 Echo, and 2 Poulans. I should create my own thread for these I guess to keep it less scatter brained. Anyway, I've gone thru the old Poulans and they were runners. The echo is in another thread "Echo stickies" should bring it up. Clink the link below and see if that gets the place where I originally posted the purchase etc. I'm post #311 I think.

https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...thread-2020-pics-required.338664/post-7400441

Back