Homelite ez automatic...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric howes

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So friend of mine just found a homelite ez automatic. He show it to me then told me I could have it! Looks to be in good shape, I dont know if it runs yet or not but I'll find out after work. Any input on these little saws would be great. How much is it worth of it's a runner? I need to know how much of a favor I need to repay him.

They are good little saws, the usually bring less the a hundred bucks for a good clean running one to free for non running ones.

Has good compression. Tried to start it but I pulled the rope out of the starter . 37cc but has a decompresser

Attachments

• 7589.jpeg
    7589.jpeg
    717.6 KB · Views: 20
I just bought a Super EZ at a farm auction for $2. It was the single dirtiest saw I have ever seen. After taking all the side plates and recoil off and cleaning it, I put it back together and put a shot of new mix in the carb. Fired right up. Filled the tank with fresh mix and it started, idles, and revs nice. Needs a new chain, then should make a nice little saw. Back in the 70's all we used for climbing saws were Super EZ's, Joe.

I got it running. Seems to run pretty good but seems like it needs to be ran more. I think it has the wrong size chain on it. It came with a stihl chain and I can see it rides out on the sprocket a little on the bar. I actually find it to be fairly powerful for a smaller saw.

Attachments

• 15226954662556790973593233230206.jpg
    15226954662556790973593233230206.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
I just bought a Super EZ at a farm auction for $2. It was the single dirtiest saw I have ever seen. After taking all the side plates and recoil off and cleaning it, I put it back together and put a shot of new mix in the carb. Fired right up. Filled the tank with fresh mix and it started, idles, and revs nice. Needs a new chain, then should make a nice little saw. Back in the 70's all we used for climbing saws were Super EZ's, Joe.
. This would be a great place to tell them the full story with that 2 super ez. Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got it running. Seems to run pretty good but seems like it needs to be ran more. I think it has the wrong size chain on it. It came with a stihl chain and I can see it rides out on the sprocket a little on the bar. I actually find it to be fairly powerful for a smaller saw.

Yep wrong chain and yes they are very powerful for the little saw they are. Very surprising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They came with 3/8 standard chain when new (thanks chainsawlady for that information and an NOS bar/chain for mine). The LP may be better these days (was it even avabavailin the 1970's ?).

They came with 3/8 standard chain when new (thanks chainsawlady for that information and an NOS bar/chain for mine). The LP may be better these days (was it even avabavailin the 1970's ?).
Good point. My experience is on what worked for me. I grab a bar of which I have bunches, and a chain to fit. Must have grabbed a newer bar? Who knows, but I'll look into it when I hit the garage today. Means I'll have to think today.. Watch out world

Latest posts

Back