Homelite is up for sale!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeDelight Man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello fellow members, I just wanted to inform everyone that John Deere has put the Homelite brand up for sale. They say they have a buyer, but I don't know who it is. I hope the new owner will help turn Homelite around, but I fear that its is too late for the once mighty saw company. Just letting every one know. Jonathan:confused:

i hate to say it that the homelite company is on the same path as Mcculloch they once had great saws now they are reduced to throw away saws. too bad they can't bring back such beasts as the 2100, 5-20, 750 or the 7-29. if they brought them back it would kick the snot out of sthil and husky.

H.D.Man ... I seen that in a mag. also, It will be courious who
will nab it.Was a great name w/ a great product.Maybe Yahama, or Sususki will be the only one interested.(I hope not )

I also read that JD stock was down 59%. Just shows you that if you go into the Home Depot, bankruptcy is on the way. McCulloch, Ryobi, and now Homelite are bankrupt. Another good thing is that $59 chainsaws and trimmers are no longer. They have to fork over at least $100:rolleyes: . This is because of the cattalitic converters that are now going to be installed. Underneath, still the same old junk.

I shouldnt characterize Ryobi with mac and Homelite. Ryobi was never a good product. I have a friend that is really high up in Stihl which used to work for Ryobi. He said those trimmer engines used to cost $10 to produce and the boxes they put them in with the cool pics-----$9. I wish Chevy engines were like that.:D

I wouldnt put any thoughts into whoever buys Homelite. They too will continue to build junk. :( Just my guess. Lots of competion on high end saws when there isnt as much sold. Much less competion with the junk with more being purchased.

I wish they would just retire the name and let them die. You can cut wood faster with a wet noodle than with a new Homelite. John Deere doesnt want them anymore because they are finally making decent saws again with oleo-mac and dont want the Homelite junk to tarnish the John deere saws!!:mad:

Back