Homelite Super XL Auto carb not getting fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomas Caballero

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
IMG_0680.JPG IMG_0681.JPG IMG_0682.JPG IMG_0683.JPG IMG_0684.JPG it has a Zama C2 20-20 carb. Cleaned carb with chem dip and also judicious spray of carb cleaner after taking out the needle and all diaphragms and gaskets. New fuel line. New carb kit including Welch plug. New fuel filter. New Champion cj6 spark plug. Strong spark. Compression 130. If I pour a bit of fuel in the spark plug hole it runs for a bit. Tried with H and L at one turn from seat. And then 1 1/4 out. No dice. The spacer and external gaskets look good. The reed valves are in good shape. I'm stumped. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Inspect needle valve fulcrum and make sure it's set correctly, double check the gaskets and everything else that you installed in the carb, I missed a hole in one and would not run. After I pulled carb and rechecked, found I installed wrong gasket.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Free Homey. In a bag at a Cabin. If I can get it to run it's going to be sweet! I'm replacing the external gaskets and spacer and reed retainer just in case. And I will take carb apart and make sure the needle fulcrum setting is correct and the gasket diaphragm order. Thx. Tom

Dammit. I will pressure and vacuum check it tonight. What's weird is when I tilt the Homie bar up fuel leaks out of a hole on the top of the Zama carb. Looks like maybe a vent hole on the top of the carb or something.

I have a couple ok homelite carb kits and they come with
Normal carb kit plus
Throttle return spring
H and l needles
Nozzle check
Etc

All kits should be like this

I have the correct rebuild kit installed but I think I did something stupid. Before I confess to being dumber than a door knob I need to put the chainsaw back together and see if it runs with a minor change. Stay tuned for potential confession.

Oh I pressure and vacuum tested the crankcase and the seals are fine. But it leaked elsewhere. Where? Stay tuned for my confessional.

Back