Homelite Super XL/XL-12 full wrap?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK.....Here you go

Mac 10-10........

IMG_5659.jpg

Homey XL12.........

IMG_5660.jpg

OK.....Here you go

Mac 10-10........

IMG_5659.jpg

Homey XL12.........

IMG_5660.jpg

Nice wrap on the 10-10.....but the red one is a Super EZ, oops.

I've seen them on the EZ and the 925/944/955 and am on the hunt for one for my Super EZ, but the Super XL...even though it was the most sold saw in history, it was a home owner saw and did spawn tons of models. I've never seen a wrap handle for one. Someone may have an aftermarket one they did special.

Thanks for the pictures, that's an old 10-10.

I've seen them on the EZ and the 925/944/955 and am on the hunt for one for my Super EZ, but the Super XL...even though it was the most sold saw in history, it was a home owner saw and did spawn tons of models. I've never seen a wrap handle for one. Someone may have an aftermarket one they did special.

Thanks for the pictures, that's an old 10-10.

Well there you go......I'm no Homelite expert, but I thought that was an XL.:msp_blushing:

I've got a couple 800 or 900 series Homeys (Like an XL902 or similar) with full wraps too, but I imagine that was common......I worked on a guy's XL-76 a couple weeks ago and it had a full wrap too.

I've seen full-wrap bars on the E-Z/Super E-Z series and the XL76-130 series saws. Those (and the 10-10's) were as much 'homeowner models' as the XL12/SXL-AO.

Homelite made water pumps, generators, cutoff saws, grinders, augers, and brushcutters with the XL12 powerhead. I've seen all kinds of strange 'attachments' for them.........but never a full-wrap handlebar. Who knows.....:dizzy:

McCulloch made larger displacement saws that shared handlebar mounting dimentions (5-10, 7-10, CP70, SP80, SP81, etc). Homelite didn't make saws of greater displacement that shared handlebar mounting dimentions with the XL12/SXL-AO (other than the briefly sold XL400 and XL500). It made sense for McCulloch to make a full-wrap handlebar that'd fit such a wide range of saws.

As confused as I am regarding why Homelite appears to 'never' have sold full-wrap bars for the XL12/SXL saws...............................I'm even more confused as to why the did sell them for the little E-Z/SE-Z and the XL76-130 saws. Other than the 'coolness factor'...................I'm not really sure what practical need there was for full-wraps on those saws. The E-Z/S E-Z saws were firewood/limbing/brush/arborist/bucket saws in their day. You don't see full-wraps on MS200's and MS200T's now.......

Last edited:

Well there you go......I'm no Homelite expert, but I thought that was an XL.:msp_blushing:

I've got a couple 800 or 900 series Homeys (Like an XL902 or similar) with full wraps too, but I imagine that was common......I worked on a guy's XL-76 a couple weeks ago and it had a full wrap too.

To my eyes, that red saw looks more like an XL76-XL130 series saw than an E-Z/S E-Z or XL12/SXL series saw. Hard to tell from that angle, with a saw that's missing the recoil cover.

Just ran out to the garage and looked at my Super E-Z. The red saw in the pic above is an XL76-130 saw and not of the E-Z family. I'm 100% sure of it.

The E-Z family saws have the top of the saw all flush from the front of the tank, on back over the AF cover. The carb box/AF area on the pictured saw is raised up. The handlebar bracket is different too...

000_0176.jpg

My Super E-Z Auto. Ignore the little creamsicle to the left of it...:D

Last edited:
Not me, as I don't have a UT# list. Some of the listings on Acres' site have UT#s.....but not all. Still, this would be my guess:

Homelite Super XL-130 listing on Acres' site. Art Patterson's beautiful saw in the pics. Notice the full-wrap bar...

Model Profile: SUPER XL-130

Those saws look like an E-Z or a 'shrunken' XL925. They're 3.55ci, and take the same bars as Homelite E-Z (not the same as the XL12/SXL/XL925) and mid-size Husky's (such as the 55 and the 262).

Look at Art's XL-76. Stunning...

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...10b075e11d3e155188256c26004e98d3?OpenDocument

Here's an XL-75 listing (I thought the series started at "76"....learn something new every day) that does have the UT#. Notice that it's just a bit lower than yours. Another indication that you probably have a Super XL-130.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...d51e7af7610f148f88256dae0071a307?OpenDocument

Last edited:
Back