Homelite Super XL/XL-12 full wrap?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
superez005.jpg

superez001.jpg

Here are a few bad pics of my full wrap Super EZ Auto
042homie018.jpg

Full wrap on 045
aspics012.jpg

full wrap on homie 5-20
newsaws005.jpg

and the 770D and 47

Nice saws Jim!

I'm still interested in the S E-Z's......but that's on hold ATM.

Since we're showiing our full-wraps...:jester:

000_0200.jpg

Homelite 900D with full-wrap.

DSC00552.jpg

Monster McCulloch 77 gear drive (with full-wrap bars) that now lives in Iowa...

000_0189.jpg

McCulloch Super 250 with full-wrap. Also have a McCulloch 550 with a similar full-wrap setup.

Not pictured are the Homelite XP1030G and XP1020......both with full-wraps...:cheers:

000_0200.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

000_0189.jpg

McCulloch Super 250 with full-wrap. Also have a McCulloch 550 with a similar full-wrap setup.

Not pictured are the Homelite XP1030G and XP1020......both with full-wraps...:cheers:

Hey is that Super 250 up for grabs?

Chris

000_0200.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

000_0189.jpg

man that 900D is sweet, I have only been able to come up with a 770D but I know where 2 of those 900 series saws are and I have been working on getting one with no luck yet.

I saw yellow.

I saw full wrap.

I saw Super 250.

I saw the reply box.

I had to ask man, couldn't at all resist, you understand, don't you?

:laugh:

Chris

I understand completely Chris. I had the chance to buy a nice runner Super 250 from a newly-met AS member years ago, but dragged ass too long and the saw went elsewhere. I didn't fully understand the glory of the Super 250 at the time. Was stuck on Homelites back then. Figured it out too late. Been kicking myself since 2007. I'd buy that saw in a heartbeat if it became available again. Doubt that will ever happen however...

Last summer, I had made it known here that I was hurtin' for a Super 250. Out of the blue, another kind AS member contacted me with a deal that I couldn't refuse on the tired but rebuildable Super 250 'project saw' you just asked me about. It for the most part fell in my lap. He knows who he is, and hopefully knows how grateful I am. The 900D and 1130G 'project saws' more recently came from the same source.:cheers:

Been looking for a super 250 as well, asked a saw shop if he had one in back and he brought out a regular 250 so I bought it, and the search continues....

Keep up the search guys. You never know where those saws may come from. Guys here have landed a few from CL and ebay lately as well.

man that 900D is sweet, I have only been able to come up with a 770D but I know where 2 of those 900 series saws are and I have been working on getting one with no luck yet.

Thanks Jim. It's complete for the most part. Lots of 'battle scars', but nothing really broken other than a small crack in the clutch cover. The piston is scored pretty bad though, and compression is low. Cylinder's most likely smoked too. Good thing is, another AS member picked up an NOS cylinder for me. Soon as I get him the moolah it'll be here waiting for me to land a piston. The guys here are great...:rock:

Don't let those 900-series saws get away Jim. Grab one or both if you can. I'd love to score a G model to go with the D. If you can 'only' get one, pass on the info on the other.:cheers:

Thanks Jim. It's complete for the most part. Lots of 'battle scars', but nothing really broken other than a small crack in the clutch cover. The piston is scored pretty bad though, and compression is low. Cylinder's most likely smoked too. Good thing is, another AS member picked up an NOS cylinder for me. Soon as I get him the moolah it'll be here waiting for me to land a piston. The guys here are great...:rock:

Don't let those 900-series saws get away Jim. Grab one or both if you can. I'd love to score a G model to go with the D. If you can 'only' get one, pass on the info on the other.:cheers:

They are in a saw shop and the owner is very fond of his collection. I will take a pic next time I am in there, he has a few saws that I drool over every time I stop by. Good luck with your rebuild, I just finished my 770D but it only had carb-fuel-missing parts issues, easily fixed. Now it runs like a champ and is wearing a brand new .404 full comp chain and cuts like a banshee on crack.

sorry about the hijack, I have never seen a super xl or xl-12 with a full wrap, not that they are not out there, and I have seen a lot of those saws.

Last edited:
3 of them for sale on the Portland CL right now. Wants $150 for all three and some extra bars. CALL NOW, someone is standing by.

Holy crap!

I checked the listing................and in the lousey pic it looks like at least one of those saws might not be a super. Lower right with the small cover. I wish he had better pics. As long as one of them is an 'almost runner' Super 250, then it's still a good deal. Man I wish I could get ahold of that lot. It's already above what I can throw on saws right now, and shipping three saws and a buncha bars would be painful. These things always come at the wrong time. Hope Jim or Chris can grab it!:clap:

Here is an XL-12 with a full wrap handle. I found it on Yahoo images.

maxresdefault.jpg

There is a YouTube video of it also:

I've seen full-wrap bars on the E-Z/Super E-Z series and the XL76-130 series saws. Those (and the 10-10's) were as much 'homeowner models' as the XL12/SXL-AO.

Homelite made water pumps, generators, cutoff saws, grinders, augers, and brushcutters with the XL12 powerhead. I've seen all kinds of strange 'attachments' for them.........but never a full-wrap handlebar. Who knows.....:dizzy:

McCulloch made larger displacement saws that shared handlebar mounting dimentions (5-10, 7-10, CP70, SP80, SP81, etc). Homelite didn't make saws of greater displacement that shared handlebar mounting dimentions with the XL12/SXL-AO (other than the briefly sold XL400 and XL500). It made sense for McCulloch to make a full-wrap handlebar that'd fit such a wide range of saws.

As confused as I am regarding why Homelite appears to 'never' have sold full-wrap bars for the XL12/SXL saws...............................I'm even more confused as to why the did sell them for the little E-Z/SE-Z and the XL76-130 saws. Other than the 'coolness factor'...................I'm not really sure what practical need there was for full-wraps on those saws. The E-Z/S E-Z saws were firewood/limbing/brush/arborist/bucket saws in their day. You don't see full-wraps on MS200's and MS200T's now.......
Although the Super EZ's were only 40cc saw's that in no way held them to only being a brush/limbing saw. I've never ran another 40cc saw that could even come close to a SEZ nor can I think of another 40cc saw with a de-comp or one that runs the Rpm's it did loaded and lastly run a 3/8 chain! My SEZ's have saved my ass more than once being able to get into a place my SXLAO or XL-12 couldn't.
I wouldn't have a problem runing one with a 50 cc saw and keeping up with it! Now because of the high rpm's and weight I wouldn't cut seasoned hardwood with it and claim that but the SEZ was a Hella saw! I can see why they made a full wrap for it and now I'm on the hunt!

Latest posts

Back