Homelite XL 100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planedriver

Reaction score
Very new here so bare with me as I learn your system. I recently bought a Homelite XL100 circular saw at auction. The saw has what I think is the original carry case, gear oil, manual, and wrenches. Overall the saw is in almost unused condition.

Here is the issue..... I bought the saw to use but I have had several guys who think they know, tell me not to use the saw because it's a "rare" collectors item... All of them tell me I will ruin the value of the saw by using it and that I should set it aside as it will only become more valuable. OK,, so I haven't ever seen another one and when I google "homelite circular saw" I only get a couple of manuals listed on ebay. Leading me to the question.... What is it, how rare, any thoughts on use (use it or not) and when was it made? Simply put if I'm looking at devaluating a $200 saw I don't care but if I'm going to make a $1,500 saw worth $100 by using it..... Well, you get the idea.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Gas circular saw

Hi,

I've been thinking why no one makes a gas powered circular saw and found out about the Homelite XL-100 circular saw you mentioned.

Have you found any further information? I have a XL-100 chainsaw. Do you know if these were interchangeable? Or is the circular saw a permanent attachment?

Any chance you can post some good photos of yours? Might be a good reverse-engineering project!

I just bought one...

Homoliteskillsaw1.JPG

Homoliteskillsaw2.JPG

Don't know about the rare part but I can say that's the first one i've ever seen. I been around awhile too. It may be something great don't know. Real nice find.

PRO side case half is different. Tank half is different. Crankshaft is different. Muffler is different. Many parts are the same though. I believe they made a larger version based on the XL400 or XL500. IIRC it was called an XL140. Saw pics of both saws side beside on another site.

Back