Homelite xl 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KASH

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Guy gave me one red metal case with plastic carrying case.there was a brand new sprocket homelite stamped bar made in Canada two brand new chains.I need another saw like I need the virus.CAD strikes again,I suppose I should have put it into the round tin express file and sent her to the dump.
The saw started on spray but will not pull gas.I took it apart another engineering marvel not as bad as a mini Mac but still a tester of your patience.
I took the carb apart cleaned it good diaphrams still supple the gas was just starting to thicken.
The carb is stamped Homelite did they make there own carbs?
The leveror fulcrum that pulls the inlet needle was not set enough to open the needle.
Does any one know what the height setting for the lever is. The less I have to take this apart the better .
kash

The carb is stamped Homelite did they make there own carbs?

The leveror fulcrum that pulls the inlet needle was not set enough to open the needle.
Does any one know what the height setting for the lever is.

No, it’s either manufactured by Walbro or by Tillotson, so post up a couple of pics. Provide the model number stamped on the carb side.

Position of the metering lever height depends on the carb...

I have a love/hate relationship with these saws. I love how light and handy they are, I hate working on them. They have given me more grief than my other saws combined, but I still keep one going because I just need this type of saw sometimes. A battery powered saw to replace it is definitely worth considering, especially seeing how often I use it.

The carb is a walbro I cannot post pictures I would have to mail my film away to be developed.I would post the numbers but the carb is back on the saw and it started but flooding bad .I guess I bent the lever too high.I know for sure it is a Walbro it has the one screw top cap instead of Tillys four.

Well, if you’re sure it’s the Walbro HDC, then you lucked out & the lever is set flush with the body using a straight edge. No gasket, take it off.

Prob should buy a “W” tool made by Walbro to do other carbs, $4 delivered from fleabay...includes a ZAMA “Z” tool too...no I’m not a sponsor!

Thanks carb is a walbro HDC 15.When you say flush with the body I assume you mean flush with the body where the gasket goes on.
kash
Yep.
Sounds like you don't do your homework & need to read through the Walbro HDC service literature from the Walbro website. They even have pictures...

Back