Homemade tow behind mower.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian S

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Our deer lease used to have cows on it, but they're gone now so all the paths and common areas grew up with nasty vegetation. Here's a homemade mower/brush hog I built from a spare lawn-boy engine and Deere riding mower parts, I tow it with a John Deere gator. It works better than I could have hoped. One big change from prototype to finished product was that the grass chute is much bigger on the final product but you cannot see that in the photos. It was fun and took about 3 weeks from sketch to final product working lunch breaks and evenings.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

Our deer lease used to have cows on it, but they're gone now so all the paths and common areas grew up with nasty vegetation. Here's a homemade mower/brush hog I built from a spare lawn-boy engine and Deere riding mower parts, I tow it with a John Deere gator. It works better than I could have hoped. One big change from prototype to finished product was that the grass chute is much bigger on the final product but you cannot see that in the photos. It was fun and took about 3 weeks from sketch to final product working lunch breaks and evenings.

View attachment 760194 View attachment 760195 View attachment 760196 View attachment 760197 View attachment 760198 View attachment 760199 View attachment 760200 View attachment 760201 View attachment 760202 View attachment 760203

And her I am trying to figure out what kinda HD is in the background.... nice job , looks like you have the proper equipment to do the job..

Nice, I have a 60” on my int154 lowboy. With two acres of lawn it’s short work. The only downfall is I’m cutting the white clover I planted for the deer.

I had 70” gang reels on my gravely tractor andvhad a 1/4 acre to cut. It took me longer to drop the outer reels than cut the grass.

Latest posts

Back