Homewowners-- Please dont email questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Administrator

Reaction score
Dear Homeowners,
It's been wonderful seeing some of you posts on arboristsite, but unfortunately many have tried to email us questions. Since this is a forum, this is the only way for us to answer questions (no email requests). As arboristsite.com grows, such as http://www.************ (3200 members) it would even be harder to keep up on the questions. I am a 26 year old entrepreneur and the only way this great site is gonna make it, is if you continue to post questions. Dont worry, being a member doesnt mean yearly fees (free) and junk mail. I dont sell email addresses or send out mass emails. I sell the banner ads at the top of this site. So you wont get lots of junk emails!!! I hope to see your question on here.
Thank you, Darin

Pine Tree Tip Blight

I have lost several mature Austrian Pine Trees. I now have some Blue Spruce and Black Hills Spruce trees showing the same symptoms. I have heard of pine tree tip blight, but I don't know the cause or cure for it. The ends of various branches discolor and wilt, eventually all the needles fall and the branch dies. Can someone inform me as to what I can do to cure this?

Airdog,
If it is only on the top of your trees, I would guess you have a tussock moth problem. You can treat this with malathion (spray). Your small window of opportunity is now. So get on it. If you do it at any other time, it probably wont work.
If the tree is totally dead. You might have a pine bettle problem. Most people cut the tree down and cover it in plastic to kill the bettle.
These are the most common cases. In the future you might want to post your own thread. It will get more exposure. Good luck
Darin

Latest posts

Back