Honeywell Aquastat Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avason

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey guys need a bit of help here. No hot water. Thought it was the TACO zone valve. They are known to go and have replaced before on different zones. When I manually moved the lever the furnace kicked on so I replaced it. Still nothing. I jumped the aquastat at the water tank and after a few seconds the furnace kicks on and zone valve opens. My question is, do you think I have a faulty zone valve that I just purchased (the box was open), or do I need an aquastat. Again furnace kicks on when aquastat is jumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Just in case others run into the same issue. I went on another forum and asked the same question. One member said that it is most likely the aquastat at the water tank. When I get a new one and confirm, I will let everyone know.

Just in case others run into the same issue. I went on another forum and asked the same question. One member said that it is most likely the aquastat at the water tank. When I get a new one and confirm, I will let everyone know.

Those things are junk my father in law works on boilers. Every one has the same failure, take a picture of the top of the board before you begin if you're not super familiar with the wiring.
Definitely degenegize the boiler.
Take the aquastat off and you'll see the bottom of the circuit board with some burned up solder joints, if you're good with soldering that's a legit repair, I replaced the whole unit.

Back