"Horizontal" Leaner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: Forester Level 1 came and took the tree down. He dropped it to the other side of the swing set rather than the side towards the very large oak like I thought he would (so towards the direction this picture was taken). We used a ladder to put a cable up in the first crotch and had a pulley to another tree connected to the tractor maintaining "light" but steady tension pulling the tree towards the direction this picture was taken. Open face cut, plunge cut leaving a wider hinge on the tension side, trigger and fell right over missing the swing set by 20'. He was really good about explaining what he was doing and why and did a stump analysis with us at the end. Great learning experience. I know I'll get flamed for this and I kick myself for it but we didn't take any pictures, we just immediately started cleanup so I'll say it :thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures: and PROOF OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
img_4571-jpg.684703

Latest posts

Back