• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Hot saw videos by the top 'porters'

Chris_In_VT

Chris_In_VT

Brrraaaaap!
I think for most people the chain is more important than more horsepower.
Learn to file a very sharp chain, then if you're still not satisfied, get more power.
My stock 55 rancher will outcut your ported 390xp with a duller than death chain!

wyk

WYK
I do my own porting, thanks to the "pros" here. Muff mods do NOT give the most gains, mostly just perception of gains because of throttle response and NOISE!!!
Yes it is easy to go backwards BUT when you learn what to do and what not to do there's no reason for going backwards.

It depends HOW you do the muff mod :) That is Stihl micro chisel in Chestnut. She is conservatively ported, tho. Which even that gave another 18% improvement or so. But when they behave like that with a simple muff mod, I won't bother porting mine when I get one.

blsnelling

blsnelling

Retired Hack
There you go again,

Shhhhh,,,,

I hear your panties squishin' all the way over here.
That's right. I can't stand a trouble causer like yourself. This forum doesn't need you, plain and simple. You remind me of a kindergartner that has the following on his report card. "Does not play well with others." Most adults grow out of that.

sachsmo

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
That's right. I can't stand a trouble causer like yourself. This forum doesn't need you, plain and simple. You remind me of a kindergartner that has the following on his report card. "Does not play well with others." Most adults grow out of that.
For real,

this coming from the child that can't see himself in real light?