Hot saw videos by the top 'porters'

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is set for indirect sign......if you want to have him just leave it, just sign the door tag.......and he will.

Often wondered if these guys do the old switcheroo when doing their comparo vids?

I've seen some accused of it in the past. I don't believe any of the current builders do. Are you accusing anyone in particular or just making a blanket accusation/hypothesis?

Face it, they start with the baddest saws on the market, not the 'consumer saws' most people use the most anywho.

Who wants a consumer saw?

Been messing with internal combustion engines of all flavors for a very long time and know that even with the best intentions and fore thought it is very possible to go backward.

Agreed. Easy to fubar one. If you've been messing with motors as long as you say, you've fubarred your fair share too...

So could the better times in the comparos' be made by the stock saw?

With a better chain, absolutely. I've seen 4 second cut time difference in one cut by just swapping chains.

These guys are here to make a buck plain and simple, there is always a handful on every enthusiast site on the web.

Again, which guys? All of em in general? I'd hope there making some money. At least I don't work for free...

Just wondering why anyone would go out and pay the big bucks for the newest wiz-bang saw, then it is not good enough?

I've never seen a drag car with a stock motor. Nor a race bike with a stock motor. Not too many hot rod street cars with stock motors either. Heck, my daily driver has a cold air intake on it.

Not too many performance enthusiast are content with any motors stock, at least none that I know of. That said, every work saw I own is box stock....

I've seen some accused of it in the past. I don't believe any of the current builders do. Are you accusing anyone in particular or just making a blanket accusation/hypothesis?

Good Question

Who wants a consumer saw?

Not this guy

Agreed. Easy to fubar one. If you've been messing with motors as long as you say, you've fubarred your fair share too...

A few, actually

With a better chain, absolutely. I've seen 4 second cut time difference in one cut by just swapping chains.

Wordz

Again, which guys? All of em in general? I'd hope there making some money. At least I don't work for free...

I might be Easy, but I ain't cheap

I've never seen a drag car with a stock motor. Nor a race bike with a stock motor. Not too many hot rod street cars with stock motors either. Heck, my daily driver has a cold air intake on it.

Not too many performance enthusiast are content with any motors stock, at least none that I know of. That said, every work saw I own is box stock....

Not same here ;)

There is a whole bunch of "meh" in this thread for me, but when I first discovered this site I may have taken it to heart. I have only experienced one saw both before and after porting by one of the site sponsors - and not only is it a better saw to work with, but their work puts my own to shame. And yes, I've been finding gains in internal combustion engines for years. And that person will continue to supply me with ported saws whenever it's applicable. (I'm not planning on sending them my stihl 150 for instance).

My biggest issue with any discussion along these lines is the idea that chain is more important than porting. While this is true on the surface - chain is a constant. I file my chains to the best of my ability, irrespective of which saw is driving it. Just because I choose to run ported saws doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to run blunt chains.

Back