How about helping with some thoughtful new treads?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Snyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Gypo had done his part trying to liven things up,; how about some of the rest of you thoughtful souls trying to insite some new thought? The same old old chunks are floating back to the the top of the lagoon.

Somebody show some naked chainsaws or something.

If I knew more about how to post photos, I could posr some spectacular saw failures. I'm working on that. I got one now that looks like the guy used 16 to 1 chewing gum and diesel for fuel.

Its like the old guy said, "was that 16 to 1, or 1 to 16, I'm not sure I understand the difference. Tell me again."?

same boat

Don't have a camera to show pics but thought I'd seen everything till this one. One of the guys bolted a walmart prop on his Stihl FS90 brushwacker and was using it to run his canoe around the lake. Funny, I'd a thought the FS85 with the short shaft would have been better suited for water craft. Alternative uses in the off season?

good idea
how's this. i need a new muffler bearing for my 026. that should make it cut like an 088.:D

latter scott

I like the water prop:blob2: . I put a bunch of carbide skilsaw blades on my husky 240r, for a debarker:D . Puts your hands to sleep real fast:( .
Ed K

Geofore, when Stihl hears about this they will have crap fit that they didn't think of it first.

I once had a thought about how a grass trimmer would work to clean a toilet bowl or bathtub (with appropriate attachment of course), but then I thought of the disadvantages.

(chainsaws)

Do not try this at home kids!
I once used a Husky 65 as a belt sander to put a nice taper on a shovel handle so I could put it back together after breaking it off.
Clamped the saw to the bench, started on trigger lock and spun the handle by hand against the chain.
I found it worked better with the grain than across.:eek:

oh well. the things ive jimme rigged would fill a book.
sat. i picked up a 6by 8 piece of heavy hard backed carpet for 10 bucks at the flea. rolled a 5 ft section of aluminum tubing on one end and bolted it dn.i use it for clean ups and bringing firewood out. dont have to pull a trailers wt and she slides over rough ground better than wheels would.plus in a pinch i can drag it myself.

Good idea with the magic carpet Tony, I think you could market and sell them for ATV and skidoo owners and such.
It is perfect because there is little or no ground pressure and when not in use just roll it up and tie it off.
Much easier to load as well, no lifting.

Back