ArboristSite.com Sponsors

How about those New England Patriots

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by 1Alpha1, Jan 21, 2015.

1. PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman Addicted to ArboristSite

Both games yesterday were highly entertaining, I turned the game off when it was 14-0 Pats and went upstairs to do something and turned it on later up there and magically it was now 14-7 so I went back downstairs to watch it. Upstairs the Chiefs had the ball and when I turned it on downstairs New England was kicking a field goal to go up 17-7 and I said to my wife "the Chiefs do better upstairs, maybe I should watch it up there!" ha! I'm a Broncos fan so I didn't care too much who won but I admired Mahomes for coming back and playing so well after a bad first half only to see the master Brady show him he wasn't quite ready yet. Love them or hate them or somewhere in between you HAVE to respect them and what they have done as an organization, so good for so long, just a model of how to do things the right way.

Two things I would like to understand but never will...how did that Chiefs player line up offsides on defense, they had stopped the Pats only to give them another chance because this guy was offsides? Wow.....and in the Rams/Saints game how was that NOT called pass interference late in the game when the Rams defensive back didn't even turn around and just ran right into the Saints player? I thought the Saints coach was going to explode as well as the fans, how can they let a play like that go in such a crucial game?

I'll never understand things like this. But this should be a good Super Bowl but I have a feeling Brady will show Goff the same lesson, "you're pretty good but I'm great".

I'll have to just dream about my Broncos and their 3 Super Bowl trophies now, back to football sleep for me lol! But thank God they should have a better coaching staff next season with the new guy from the Bears and Kubiak coming back, they were a dumpster fire since winning the Super Bowl in 2015!

SeMoTony, cheeves, capetrees and 2 others like this.
  2. TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.

Yep, as one commentator pointed out the cheifs corners got away with alot of defensive holding calls.

svk, cheeves and PA. Woodsman like this.
  3. capetrees

capetrees Addicted to ArboristSite

be careful everyone, the pats play in Gillette stadium and that might expose their toxic masculinity!!!

SeMoTony, svk, cheeves and 1 other person like this.
  4. TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.

New England does what New England does, they can beat you in a shootout or defensive struggle.

5. svk

svk Firewood and Saw Collector

LETS ****ing GO!!!!!

Hell of a season. They played that underdog card well.

6. capetrees

both teams had almost perfect defensive teams with the Rams showing one kink in the armor, the long pass the gronk that set the Pats up for the TD

and WTF was with the kickers!!!???

SeMoTony, PA. Woodsman and svk like this.
  7. PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman Addicted to ArboristSite

I just knew that ole' Wade Phillips would have schemes to try to shutdown the Pats like he did 3 years ago when he was with Denver and their defense did a fantastic job of doing that, holding them to 13 points and 10 of them coming late, but the Pats defense did the same to the Rams, they pressured Goff and they couldn't get anything going, and when they marched down the field after the Pats TD they forced him into an interception, so yes both defenses were very worthy and ready yesterday. Most times if someone holds the Pats to 13 points they win but not yesterday.

I said to my wife late in the game when it was 3-3 "I'm having flashbacks to the Broncos-Panthers Super Bowl 3 years ago where Denver lead by only 4 points for what seemed like 9 years so I'd bet the fans of these two teams right now are saying the same thing I did then "for the love of God will you please score some points!!!" lol!

I've already heard some say "that was a boring game" to which I said "I didn't think so, I think it was very tight and intense" but I guess most people would rather see a 49-46 shootout...but I thought it was cool!!

SeMoTony, svk and capetrees like this.
  8. capetrees

Very tense, nobody in the room was ready to say the Pats were going to demolish them and I never heard anyone claiming a big win for the Rams. 14 punts and low score, total D game. Shoot outs are fun to watch but again, defense wins games.

svk and PA. Woodsman like this.
  9. svk

Honestly that was the finest defensive game I have ever seen. We know how potent both of those offenses were during the season. Rams regular season was the 10th highest scoring offense ever.....Patriots were averaging 39 ppg in the playoffs.

I knew this Patriots D could really step up, but they had trouble stringing together 4 quarters in a row during the past two years. But this SB everyone was healthy. Hightower was back to his old self yesterday. Van Noy was awesome. Gilmore made a huge play. And Jason McCourty broke up the pass to Cooks PERFECTLY. Like Romo said, Patrick Chung wouldn't have made that play. I agree with him.

10. svk

I love listening to the the haters though. Every damn excuse in the book about how the Patriots aren’t good. And all the talk this year about how they were washed up and would never beat the other playoff teams.

The Saints fans are the biggest bunch of cry babies I’ve ever seen though. Someone needs to remind them that they won their only Super Bowl because of all the uncalled late hits on Favre back in the NFC championship of 09’. Yes they got screwed on that play two weeks ago but they act like it’s the first time in history that a call was missed. Every single one of us can name multiple plays that went against our teams as well.

SeMoTony and cheeves like this.
  11. cheeves

cheeves Tree Freak

Nerves more than likely. Both hooked a kick.
    I bet there are more Super Bowls in the future. This Pats team is still young aside from Brady and he plays ten years younger,...and both lines have improved. If Edelman stays witth this team look out. And even if Gronk retires, which he should, Belichek will find another good tight end somewhere.

SeMoTony and svk like this.
  12. cheeves

cheeves Tree Freak

This Pats team has really jelled. Other teams next year are going to have a difficult time beating us.

13. svk

I love Gronk. Not sure if he can ever get back to 100 percent like he was prior to missing half the season in 17. He is an awesome blocker though and would still be a benefit to the team.

SeMoTony likes this.
  14. capetrees

parade going on right now, estimated over a half million, possibly 1 million along the route!!:rock::rock::rock::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::rock2::rock2::rock2:

15. svk

That face you make when you play the Patriots.
    43C9E83F-DD09-4F1D-BCD6-CD83166B33F5.jpeg 7865349A-9471-4C6B-876C-D501F2228D54.jpeg 02C81B7A-5631-49B2-B47F-8D2808CBBA67.jpeg E2B7B943-BED1-40D5-B1FB-ECA0B1627D70.jpeg

SeMoTony and capetrees like this.
  16. svk

7EE81557-CC81-47D3-99ED-18AAA730BE79.jpeg 2BB8E251-A55A-4643-8799-69A1B28A2910.jpeg

SeMoTony and capetrees like this.
  17. stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado God of ArboristSite

The Pats have been a great team for years. Enjoy it...as the Steeler's did in the 70s.

I don't watch much NFL, mostly college ball & never a full game

To see the same team playing for the championship each year is boring as hell.

Sure would like to see someone other than Alabama & Clemson vying for the title as well

SeMoTony likes this.
  18. capetrees

there ARE different teams playing every year.

The Pats beat them all every time.:D

svk likes this.
  19. stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado God of ArboristSite

Pats have been in the final game three years in a row...just like 'Bama. Boring
    What this reveals is the lack of parity. It is conceivable that they will continue to win as long as Brady isn't in an old folks home.

Brady is a good classy dude. He hasn't made a fool of himself like so many folks that play the game.

20. capetrees

Though Brady has been at the QB position for 17 years, the other factor to be considered of course is Belichick and McDaniels. Brady has had a number of receivers, running backs and offensive line to protect him different in some aspect year to year. Brady uses what is given to him by Belichick and McDaniels who train them and change them as needed to perform. My own thought is that if Brady goes before Belichick and McDaniels, a new QB will emerge that will be very good, perhaps not for as long as Brady but can produce as well. We get someone like Mahomes or Mayfield in the next couple of years, the dynasty will continue.

svk and SeMoTony like this.