How can i make a false crotch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimHarrisSC

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to climbing. I have taken 3 medium sized pine trees down and my yard by climbing them and taking them down and sections. I am using a flip line and also tying off to the tree with my fraction saver. My question is, what can I use to create a false crotch around the trunk of the tree to tie off my climbing line to while I am cutting sections of trunk?

I'm fairly new to climbing. I have taken 3 medium sized pine trees down and my yard by climbing them and taking them down and sections. I am using a flip line and also tying off to the tree with my fraction saver. My question is, what can I use to create a false crotch around the trunk of the tree to tie off my climbing line to while I am cutting sections of trunk?
Isn,t that called a sex change?

I misread it. If you're just spiking down the spar and chunking sections you dont need a false crotch. I just use my split tail climbing line as a lanyard along with a flip line.

Another trick for better stability on narrow spars is to wrap your flipline all the way around the trunk so it cinches it. You could also cross it in front of you.

Choke around the tree and use a descender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back