• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

How can I tell if someine is a good seller

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvloudsawz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Never bought or sold anything on here. I'm interested in a saw someone is selling in the tradin' post. I've seen comments on here from members stating that so & so is a good seller on different posts, no comments like that on this post. It looks like he has been trying to sell it for a minute. Any suggestions for me on how find if this person is reputable? Thank, much appreciated!!

The whole thing about praising sellers in their for sale threads is a fairly new thing. Lots of folks who are good sellers here don’t get repped in their thread right and left, so I wouldn’t put a ton of stock in someone not having effusive praise posted up in their ad. Just something to think about.

I'm new to this site, but other fora I'm a member of have a trade-rating system with the option to leave comments as well as a scale of zero-to-five.

Easy to implement and effective for designating excellent traders from decent traders to rip-offs.

My $0.02

Use PayPal and ask questions about buy back and get plenty of pictures . Compression test with pictures of the piston with muffler removed . Possibly video of saw running. Ok good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pay with pay pal to protect your $
- IMO never send funds as a gift via PayPal unless you already know the seller
- Keep in mind you only have something like 30 - 45 days to dispute a transaction so don't let yourself become victim

Ask if you can send half the funds now and the other half after you get shipping/tracking info

Personally I ask that packages be sent signature required so one of these new era porch thieves doesn't make life difficult

Back