How close is a husky d009 bar to fitting a poulan 8500?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw arrived today. I came home and there was a Echo chainsaw box sitting on my front step.
My first thought was that I didn't expect the post to just leave it there and I was glad it was still there.
Didin't have a chance to open it, but about to. Will take some pics but might not post till I have a bit more time. :)

Compression tested the saw today. 150 with lots of agressive pulling :)

I have started it and it ran ok.
Has a gas leak out the vent hole becase the hose is missing.
Going to widen out a doo9 36 inch bar for it.
So far so good.

Will post some pics.

Duck bill valve on the vent plug, unscrew it and see what it looks like on the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duck bill valve on the vent plug, unscrew it and see what it looks like on the bottom

I removed the vent plug, the hose is broken off flush with the edge of the vent plug, so no hose on inside or outside.

You do not need a hose, if the nipple is still there on the vent plug just slide a new duck bill valve on it & screw it back in

What kind of place would have a new duck bill valve? It is a saturday so limits options.

I just dropped by the echo/husky dealer and their solution was a external vent valve that was 3/4 inch long long and 1/2 inch wide that would attach to gasline hose coming off the nipple on the fitting.

You do not need a hose, if the nipple is still there on the vent plug just slide a new duck bill valve on it & screw it back in

This is the vent plug. Looks like gas hose goes though it and then a duck valve?

Attachments

• IMG_20180331_125156.jpg
    IMG_20180331_125156.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20180331_125131.jpg
    IMG_20180331_125131.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
With that one you need the fuel line, plastic nipple and duck bill valve

Here is the other one
260fef30f0ed7f6c32148575ce49babe.jpg

advice on how to get the clutch off to put a new rim drive on it?
Technique or tools, with out specialty tools?

Latest posts

Back