ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

How could FedEx do this?

softdown

softdown

ArboristSite Operative
Notified that my chainsaw was delivered today. But no chainsaw - no FedEx tire tracks. Called them and was told it was "returned to sender". Sender is in Asia.

This makes no sense at all. FedEx delivered some tires yesterday. I am a frequent stop for them.

How can you post this:
11:38 AM
Delivered
Blanca, CO US

After returning it to Asia?

I've seen government screw things up like this. But an overnight shipping company?

softdown

softdown

ArboristSite Operative
Driver didn't feel like stopping or forgot it on the truck them sent back instead of trying to deliver

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

While calling it "delivered"? Sending them back to Asia as well? Hope he gets a reprimand!

Been getting lousy FedEx service this year! Different driver every year as well.

sean donato

sean donato

ArboristSite Guru
This is totally normal for fed ex, the drivers are terrible. I've literally chased a driver down my lane to get a package, because he didnt feel like getting out of his truck in the rain. Updated as undeliverable/ no access to property. Lucky me I have cameras, so it's easy to show they didnt attempt to deliver.

Maintenance supervisor

Maintenance supervisor

Every 100yrs, All new people...
I had trouble with a fed ex driver at one of our state parks. He would fly! down the main parking lot road where people would be, then forget packages in the truck, It was a rental truck I guess contracted from fed ex. I filed 3 complaints,and finally said that if that particular driver showed up we would refuse any future deliveries and let our vendors know that we will only accept delivery from other companies.... they switched drivers after that.

esshup

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite
FedEx contracts out all their "home" deliveries. I am supposed to get a phone delivered tomorrow that requires a signature by FedEx. I have no idea when it will be delivered, but I am going to be within sight of the road and the house all day long. I WILL chase the SOB down if he doesn't stop. They left 3 bags of dried fish food out in the rain, at the side of the road last week when we had 3/4" rain that day, in cardboard boxes, not in any sort of plastic bag like UPS uses. I reported the shipment as damaged and got refunded the $$ spent.

ktmtigger

ktmtigger

ArboristSite Operative
While calling it "delivered"? Sending them back to Asia as well? Hope he gets a reprimand!

Been getting lousy FedEx service this year! Different driver every year as well.
Yeah they've done both multiple times to me. Couple calls to the office should get your saw turned back around

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OM617YOTA

OM617YOTA

ArboristSite Operative
My company does ~$150k/yr with UPS and somewhat less with FedEx. This is 100% normal for them.

The driver makes the entire experience. Getting the package across the country or the world usually isn't a problem, but that last mile sure can be.

babybart

babybart

ArboristSite Guru
Not many problems with FedEx or UPS but my mailman absolutely sucks. He started putting packages at the man door to my garage because he's too lazy too walk to the front door. Now he just leaves them at the bottom of my mailbox, 1/8th mile from my house on a busy road because apparently he's too lazy to drive up the lane.

OM617YOTA

OM617YOTA

ArboristSite Operative
Anyone ever have a package arrive with the box in pristine condition?

I haven't

Almost all of them. While I have some bad stories and one instance of outright fraud to tell of, almost all of the ~20 incoming and ~10 outgoing shipments we do every day are completely fine.

DHL is another story. Half their drivers are stoners, and we've had them leave $20k packages outside, in the rain, over the weekend. Multiple times, even after contacting regional management. We eventually wound up having the parts delivered to my house instead - at least I'm home and can bring the parts in. We'd have happily switched to UPS or Fedex and paid an extra hundred bucks in freight just because their drivers will actually show up during business hours, sober, and won't leave packages sitting outside by the office door, but DHL has 1/100th the trouble getting through customs when importing.

If none of you have dealt with that, customs people have zero effs to give. IRS agents give more of a damn. Customs will hold your $10k worth of parts for 30-90 days for "testing", not caring that in the private sector such testing would take hours and in government land 30-90 days really means six months, and at that point the parts might as well be stolen and no longer exist. I get it, we don't want counterfeit anything either and take a lot of steps to avoid that, but it could be done in a streamlined manner. DHL has way less trouble with this stuff, so we put up with the rest to avoid it.

There's a reason Amazon is starting their own delivery fleet, not that they're perfect either.