How did the arborist get the tree to jump over the fence?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justnacl

Reaction score
Where I was living there was a large tulip poplar about 2 feet in diameter. It was dying and growing in between a shed and a fence. Fence was about 3 1/2 feet high and about a foot away from the tree. On the other side of the fence was the neighbor's empty back yard. We had a tree service come and take the tree down. They somehow dropped it so that the butt of the tree landed on the other side of the fence. The stump ended up higher than the fence. I wasn't there when they did it. They somehow had to get the butt of the tree to land at least 1-2 feet away from the stump. How did they do that?

Where I was living there was a large tulip poplar about 2 feet in diameter. It was dying and growing in between a shed and a fence. Fence was about 3 1/2 feet high and about a foot away from the tree. On the other side of the fence was the neighbor's empty back yard. We had a tree service come and take the tree down. They somehow dropped it so that the butt of the tree landed on the other side of the fence. The stump ended up higher than the fence. I wasn't there when they did it. They somehow had to get the butt of the tree to land at least 1-2 feet away from the stump. How did they do that?
Jump cut, winch or a few men pulling not hard but also doesn't always work:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back