How did you come up with your user name?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_IN_MN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How did you come up with your user name?

Mine "manyhobies" is the fact that I like a lot of things. They're mostly mechanical.

Some of you may notice that I only have one "b" in hobbies. When I signed up for ebay, I misspelled it there and now it has stuck. Plus, it's more likely not be used by someone else.

I've been wondering about some of the less obvious user names.

Dan

I point at trees.

Really I do! I think trees are awesome, and I'm always pointing out interesting trees and variations to friends, family, and especially younger folk so they'll appreciate them.

Last edited:
When I started here i did mostly finer woodwork. I figgured to combine all wood saws- they make sawdust, i run them.

I almost started a thread with this topic the other day looking at a strange one...

Well Booker was the male shorthair that started my kennel. Best dang dog I have ever hunted behind. His whole name was spoiledboysbooker. That brings lots of memories back. so anyway bookerdog

Most days I wish that I only only had to work on just the saws. I often wish I only had to use just the saws.

Last edited:
At first I was gonna go with Super Stud With a Bull Rope Hangin' Low.
But my wife told me I should just go with my name Raymond.

LOL...No wait that ain't funny. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Eyolf is an old, almost never seen Scandinavian name. Pronounced "uh-Yolf", or even "Ulf", it means "lucky". Combined with my last name (also Swede) which means "handsome", you get ...

not me, except in my dreams!

Garrison Kiellor had a comedy skit years ago about Vikings. One of the characters I really liked was "Eyolf the old poop". Just stuck with me, I guess.

I got my name cause I love to climb trees. Imagine that. And one of my groundies always says i look like a monkey when traversing between stems or other trees.

Back