How do I get.the flywheel off?? 371 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you have to unscrew the pivots for the starter pawls, or at the worst, drill them out and tap for new ones. The puller goes on using the screw holes. Been there, done that.

Buy a cheap two long arm puller, they are inexpensive. Only pull from where magnetic is and 180 degrees from that, if not easy to bend or chip. Or do it rupedoggy's way.

Thread the nut most of the way back on, I usually try to leave the socket on it, hold the flywheel with a pair of pliers and smack the socket with a hammer. Usually comes off in a couple whacks.
Have you ever snapped threaded end off?

Can anyone tell me if there is a washer that goes on before the flywheel nut? While i was cleaning the saw I found the dreaded "extra part"
I will probably just take the saw in to have the flywheel pulled.

Next question,, Do i just install new coil and flywheel and it will be good to go?? Or is there some sort of timing adjustment?

That should be all that's needed. Clean the stub with carb cleaner/acetone before you install the new flywheel. The key is integral to the flywheel on those models. That will set your timing

I ordered a new air conductor,,but I am gonna see if she'll fire up.

Attachments

• 15819731185183709040895976676567.jpg
    15819731185183709040895976676567.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
Back