How do you decide what your "ride" is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad has been wanting a 1950 Buick Roadmaster Convertible for decades. Probably 60 years or so. He lost out on an auction a month ago or so for a VERY nice restored one that went for about $65k.

He ended up finding this one on eBay and won the auction for a little over $23k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-Buick...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
s-l1600[1].jpg

My dad has been wanting a 1950 Buick Roadmaster Convertible for decades. Probably 60 years or so. He lost out on an auction a month ago or so for a VERY nice restored one that went for about $65k.

He ended up finding this one on eBay and won the auction for a little over $23k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-Buick...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
View attachment 865700

Awesome! That is one great looking ride. Always liked them Buick portholes but I don’t think that car would even fit into my garage. You will be just like Steve McQueen booting around in that thing. I have never driven a straight 8 gasser. I bet it really has a pair when it comes to pulling.

Centaur Ugh I cannot watch that Scotty guy. I haven't ever been able to finish one of his videos. More power to ya...

Scotty is not for everyone. It’s the voice and the constant hand waving. He reminds me of one of my old college profs. Crazy Uncle Bernie taught accounting and he was truly crazy, right down to playing hacky sack wearing Birkenstocks in the snow.

Finally sold the car guys! A dealer picked it up. Got a little windfall even, should also get a check from my insurance company, and possibly the state for the plates, plus my stimulus hit at the same time haha. Time to buy some big rims, Chinese rubber band mud terrains and half of a lift kit! *eyeroll*

My girlfriends dad passed away sadly and they don't have anything to do with his car so I'm using that for now keeping the mice out until they figure out the financials. Its a 2015 Cherokee, fits my tools in the back nicely for doing side work and helping her mom around the farm. I really like it, maybe better than the Subaru.

Keeping my eyes peeled for a C4 or a C3 corvette or a dump truck for the farm.

I put down a deposit on my next ride. For me the requirements of my commuter vehicle are Ford/HOV Lane Compliant/Fun. The Mach-E fits the bill. It's going to be the GT Performance Edition with All Wheel Drive, 480HP and 634 Foot Pounds of Torque. 0-60 will be in about 3.5 seconds, or about as fast as my supercharged Shelby! I won't get it until probably summer or fall, but I'm pretty stoked to be replacing the little **** box Focus Electric with something a whole lot more powerful, engaging, and fun to drive. This is what it'll look like. I'll be tinting the windows and probably will put some black Shelby stripes on it.

Carbonized Grey Mach-E.jpg

I put down a deposit on my next ride. For me the requirements of my commuter vehicle are Ford/HOV Lane Compliant/Fun. The Mach-E fits the bill. It's going to be the GT Performance Edition with All Wheel Drive, 480HP and 634 Foot Pounds of Torque. 0-60 will be in about 3.5 seconds, or about as fast as my supercharged Shelby! I won't get it until probably summer or fall, but I'm pretty stoked to be replacing the little **** box Focus Electric with something a whole lot more powerful, engaging, and fun to drive. This is what it'll look like. I'll be tinting the windows and probably will put some black Shelby stripes on it.

View attachment 881233

If you hadn't mentioned it being a Mustang, I never would have guessed. Sounds like a nice car, but looks nothing like a Mustang.

Looks like a typical SUV. Maybe it looks like one from the front? :popcorn2:

If you hadn't mentioned it being a Mustang, I never would have guessed. Sounds like a nice car, but looks nothing like a Mustang.

Looks like a typical SUV. Maybe it looks like one from the front? :popcorn2:

Ford has started a new direction on branding. Both the Mustang and the Bronco are going to be brands moving forward rather than a body style. For the Mustang, it's going to include this SUV to start out. For the Bronco, they have the full size version as well as the "baby" Bronco Sport to start. I know Ford is going to add a Raptor Bronco but I'm not sure what else beyond that.

The purists are freaking out that Ford decided to brand the new SUV a Mustang. It's actually a pretty smart move to bring tens of thousands of buyers into the fold that would never have given the Ford offering a chance had it been named anything else. Ford plans on producing 50k of the electric Mustang SUVs this year, in year 1. For comparison, Ford only managed to sell 77k gas powered Mustangs last year, in year 55.

Here's the front end on the GT that is coming out in a few months.
FRD_MachE_GT.png.renditions.original[1].png

I have different cars for different purposes. I’ve had a 69 charger since 2000. That car is in very nice shape. It’s a nice 20 footer. I built up a good 550hp motor for it a while back so it goes pretty good. I had a 76 camaro before that but I sold that a few years ago it was starting to rot away. I had a 03 Ram 2500 long bed 2wd that had for like 10 years that I sold to get a quad cab Ram so I could fit the kids in. Only bad part was to afford it I had to drop down to a half ton and short bed. Didn’t think I would mind it much but after seeing how much less the little half ton can take my next truck will be at least a 3/4 ton.
I’ve had various daily drivers over the years. I ran saturns for a while because they are plastic and cheap to fix and buy. Now I also had a 13 dart limited fully loaded I bought used which I really liked a lot but it was a total pos and thankfully I got out of that at the exact right time. After that I got a 2012 challenger rt classic 6 speed. Then a pcp srt 392 6 speed. Currently I daily a little 03 tdi vw golf 5 speed. I always wanted to mess with diesel so this was a good way for me to try it. The car gets 46 mpg all day long without even trying. I had to do a fair amount of work on it when I got it though. The guy I got it from wasn’t very honest with me. I’ve owned it a little over a year and it’s turned out to be a good little car so far. If your paying attention and you can guess the natural progression of things you’ll guess I traded my srt 392 in for a 2016 srt pcp hellcat 6 speed. That’s probly my forever challenger lol.

When I worked at the dealership I had to look at this purple Hellcat from my office. I love Challengers. When it got dealer traded they trailered it and the guy trailering it rashed the hell out of the rims on his trailer. I was in love with this car.

I don't think I will ever be able to afford anything like this. I'm reverting back to 90s garbage so I can afford my house.

Attachments

• IMG_20190307_171307027_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190307_171307027_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
Here is my 392 srt on the left I traded in and the hellcat I have now on the right. Only real difference other than the engine is the hellcat dosent have the sunroof. Well that and the hellcat had hydraulic power steering vs the 392 electric. I did like being able to adjust the steering on the srt 392 that was a nice feature. The hellcat makes up for it when merging on the highway though. No matter the situation there is always enough time to make it haha. You just gotta be careful the car lights up the tires like nothing at 70mph. It’s easy to handle IMO but it’s a bit surprising the first couple times.

Attachments

• 1B230DD8-2FC5-45BB-B43D-D2FEC27AF36F.jpeg
    1B230DD8-2FC5-45BB-B43D-D2FEC27AF36F.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 12
I use past experiences that my family has had over the years and my experience with vehicles we use at work. I thought about buying a ram but have seen all the problems we've had had with our rangers trucks from failed wheel bearing to constantly having misfires. When I bought my ford ranger I was driving one at work the prior model year older and it was dead on reliable, I made the salesman drive it so I could listen for any noises. I bought my f150 with the 3.7 after a lot of research and finding that the 3.7 with the select shift didn't have any major issues.

Latest posts

Back