How do you guys sharpen chains?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up one of the Husky roller guides to try after reading about it here and watching the video. Mine is for 0.325 chain. It works fine on most chain, but I have a couple of Oregon safety chains with the bumper links, and it does not work on them. The bumpers prevent the guide from sitting down on the chain correctly. Other than that, it's a nice compact little tool, and I don't regret getting it at all. I found that after using it, I still prefer the Stihl guide that attaches to my file, but that's probably because I'm so used to it.

Safety chains ain't. :taped:

JMNSHO

unexpectedly, my kid bought me a chain sharpener from Harbor Freight.

so, i set it up and did an old chain i had laying around to get the feel of it. i put the chain on my saw and holy ####!

that thing cut better than new. i cut down several ash trees and it's still eating wood. i sharpened the rest of my chains after that and i have about 20 of them.

the wheel is still good and i'm cutting my fingers on my newly sharpened chains.

so, for the harbor freight machine...i give it a big :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back