How do you lower boom with busted hydraulic hose?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kgw51gmc

94 c3500 hd boat anchor
Reaction score
After replacing one hydraulic hose I wonder about the other nine or ten. If I'm up in the bucket high in the air in the hose blows, I know I have good holding valves, how do I lower the Boom? All the electronic controls, electric backup, High engine idle computer control stuff that goes along with a bucket is unhooked or non-operational oh, I'll never figure it out, I run a hot wire to the electric clutch to the battery to run the Boom. Is there any way to lower when a hydraulic line is blown?

The manual lowering valves on the solenoid's controls still use hyd circuits and plumbing to lower. The manual valves are for an electrical error and a ground person to activate to lower operator/boom/basket back down to ground level.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Depending on machine hours and your hose failure. Now may be the time to replumb. Especially inner boom extension hoses. No short cuts on quality will always give good longevity. Loctite hose end fittings to prevent pressure loosening. GL Tim G.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

The two valves on right side picture are electrical wired, and are no longer hooked up to anything. The rest are normal hydraulic control, the left most knob on picture is to turn hydraulic control back down to ground away from person in bucket leaning onto controls accidentally.
So the manual lowering valve has to be one of these electric valves I guess. That sucks because it means,I currently don't have a way down...

Attachments

• KIMG0117.jpg
    KIMG0117.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
No the manual lowering should be done through the control valve at base. It is a manual knob to actuate on the electrical driven solenoid. Can you take a picture of the control valve and I'll try and help ya out. There should be a manual way of activating each individual solenoid or hydraulic function with a loss of power.

I would be very happy to have an operators manual to download, but I have no idea what kind of lift it really is. There is nothing on it, no stickers I can strip paint off of or tags to read. It's a mystery machine. I've torn apart the internet and can not find another lift that looks like this one. Dur-a-lift has similar boom tubing from the same time period but totally different controls and base. I wish I had the manual for it. you can see in my profile pic what it looks like.

Update: My lift is an ETI, ETA 37. Palfinger still makes the same one apparently. I like it because it's probably simpler than most. 2 big cylinders and one hydraulic motor/worm gear to rotate.

Back