How do you make a living?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The park I am responsible for.

Summer 2006

CP2.jpg

CP3.jpg

I'm a licensed pesticide applicator. Spraying agricultural crops as well as applying fertilizer consumes most of my spring and fall. My partime jobs are selling a little firewood and for last couple years selling scrap metals.

In short
I make things grow for money
I kill for money
I saw for money
I torch for money

I'm an engineering manager for a research and development division of one of the biggest digital camera/digital imaging companies in the world (at least one of our products is in almost every household in the country). My yuppie co-workers just can't understand why I wear cowboy boots to work, why I choose to drive a dirty diesel pickup truck instead of a fancy european car (even though I could afford it), and spend my free time hunting, fishing, camping, wrenching, mowing my own lawn, and cutting firewood. I may work in a yuppie "high-tech" office, but I'm still a Kansas redneck to the core and proud of it!

whatdo you do for a living

I used to manfacture prefab buildings , til a family illness struck close to home , so after a time to keep the brain working well ( a true sawdust head ) always had interest in things made of wood etc .
tried heating the house and out buildings with wood scraps and beaver fallen poplar ( the job was 1/2 done )
the kids grew up so hd to find easiers ways to cut wood , thanks to many wood cutter types here now building a small wood processor see if i can mantain my 65 cords per season ( those beavers are busy little fellas )

Fire protection engineer and project manager.

I work at the world's largest enclosed fire test facility.

Also a volunteer firefighter/EMTy...

My second job is restoring (just keeping up at this point) the family farmhouse built circa 1760, 1780 and 1812.

Back