How do you make a living?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
many jobs

Full-time firefighter, work 10 days a month 24hrs., work part-time at another rural fire dept. at home a couple days a month, small firewood business, sell less than 75 cord a year. Oh, trying to keep our farm and land from falling apart is 24/7 365

Retired from the NYPD and currently enrolled at community college working towards degree in nursing. Id much rather be out at the woodpile than studying.

Airline Mechanic(get laidoff every 7 years) which is why I am also a/ self employed Climbing Arborist/Decorative Concrete Mason/Commercial Plumber/Welder Fabricater. //////I`ll add more blue collar professions to this list as the need arises.

bigginko-1.jpg

Last edited:
I am a recruiter for the WV Army National Guard, with nearly 19 years of active service. Hooah!
and we thank you for serving our country.
flag.gif

Header-1.jpg

I would be a Building Automation Controls Service Technician and Programmer, damn dat’s a mouthful.:D
Spend my days sometimes all day on a laptop, in some of the oddest places..:dizzy:
a temporary office in an electrical room at a hostpital miles and miles away..
DSC03785small-1.jpg

here is a shot of the last guy that did my job up at this one site, the hospital..:D

DSC02400small.jpg

Last edited:
Firefighter/EMT (IAFF Local 2562) for past 12 years

Mr. Mom (hardest and most rewarding of all jobs) to 3 y/o son and 5 y/o daughter.

Quickbooks consulting work for small businesses.

Cutting, splitting, stacking, burning and even selling a little firewood.

Worked as a mechanic and then taught Auto Shop for 32 years. While teaching I did tractor work from 1978 till 1995. Hillside drilling as a specialty. I just took an early retirement and started selling under car and collision equipment for Snap On. I'll make my first shop sales call this next week.

I am a Union Pipefitter/Welder out of Local 174 in Mich. I work with alot of good people and i dont have to go to work in the same place day after day.

Full time Firefighter/EMT. Sawmill, tree work and a little firewood on the side.

Last edited:
Been a printing press operator for 29 yrs.

Love the smell of a fresh split pile of oak.

Airline Mechanic(get laidoff every 7 years) which is why I am also a/ self employed Climbing Arborist/Decorative Concrete Mason/Commercial Plumber/Welder Fabricater. //////I`ll add more blue collar professions to this list as the need arises.

bigginko-1.jpg

I have to ask are you trimming that tree or removing it?
If you stay in one field long enough you don't need all the rest
to support yourself. I see them every storm, carpenter's mysteriously
become tree services overnight,thing is; they are not licensed or insured
to do it most times! Most full time tree services view these jacks as
an expense or loss. I really don't care most times but when the illegals
and pickup and ladder types start cutting throats it makes me :angry:!
Ok I have had my rant, now learn to wear a hard hat and make cuts
just outside branch protection zone!

I'm owner/operater of my own tree business, sell firewood, skidsteer work, part-time maintenance guy for my church/christian school, contractor for a company that builds challenge courses and climbing towers, caretaker services for 2nd home owners, ebay/half.com resaler in the winter. Whatever else is needed to pay the bills

im a union laborer out of local 574 i work mostly in sewer treatment plants installing piping and pumps and have a small farm

I'm a construction superintendent-residential-unemployed. Now working for a small grading and logging company in the NC mountains.

Back