How good and reliable are the 3120’s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seen a guy sells them on here new for 1399$. The ms880 is like 2200-2400$ I think. At that price I think I’d be interested in a new badass saw. They look a little boxy but if they are reliable and start good I’d be very interested id probably sell my 075 and put about 600$-700 or so Towards a 3120. Are the easy to work and start as a stihl Also how about reliable? Thank you

I had a 3120xp on a log truck about 15 years ago that I used, I don't recall any problems with it except I had to replace the muffler once because the ground crew guys were careless with it and busted the muffler on a log or something. The saw always started and ran easy, never ran the big Stihl to compare it against.

Kinda weird how husky says they recommend up to a 42” bar but stihl says the 880 can handle a 59”bar. I found another thread about these saws and there were a lot of guys liking the 3120. I do like adjustable carbs for sure. Thanks for the replies!

Back