How hot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomtom85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just curious on the hottest temps you sumbitchs cut wood. Am goin out tomorrow an its supposed to be 105 .

Supposed to creeping up on 100*f around here this week. Got up at 6am to mow the yard. 2 hrs later it was pushing 90* and I have a small pile of wood that was dropped off in the driveway to clean up today yet. I try to do my cutting when it's cool out. Drink lots of water mate.

I will some times go out in the 90's to cut up storm damage stuff on friends property or their friends property.
I do 95% of my cutting in January and Febuary.
Pick it up and bring to the house at the end of September.

Al

. That is very true, but unfortunately my job gets in the way so gotta get it done when I can
I don't like processing firewood in the heat either but it seems like that's when myself and my helpers have the time. I do draw the line when the heat index is getting close to a 100 or above. The last two weekends it's been too hot so we haven't processed any. I am way behind because of some health issues this year so I hope the temps in Aug are a little more friendly.

Well that right there just made me laugh so hard my co-workers thought I was crazy. But I cut some yesterday at 97 degrees, found some good shoulder season wood that I couldn’t pass up. You know it’s hot when your sweaty before you even fire up a saw. Work slow, drink plenty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm cutting and splitting now in the mid 80's. But I am in the shade and I have a 1/2 gallon jug of Sqwincher zero grape. It's a electrolyte replacement with no sugar. I told my Wife this is the last year of buying tree length wood in the summer. I'll pay more to get it in the early spring and avoid the heat.

Back