How many Chainsaws do you own?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread reminds me of a bar full of drunks lolling their heads around and pointing at each other and saying, "Him – he'sh the one who'sh an ackahallick!"

Good work – carry on! :rock:

13, but one’s a parts saw and at this point I don’t plan on adding more than one or two more. I’m more of mind to just get them all running really well with good bars and ready to go when I need them. Four of them still need to be tweaked a little before they’ll be ready for use. Five if you count the David Bradley, but that’s more of a curiosity than a cutting tool.

Eventually I’d like to add a good cordless saw to the mix and a good 50cc saw. I’ve got way more big saws than I need.

Same here, and close to the average of those two numbers. I live on a 10,000 sqft suburban lot, and I have a gas fireplace. There has to be some crazy in there somewhere.
I have an 1100 sq ft home that I heat with wood, but I really only need about 3 cords a year. So of course I need five 90+cc saws with bars over 32”, right?

At last count somewhere over 50 saws. At least 12-15 of the saws are over 80cc's. I have given up trying to keep track for 2 reasons. The first one being that it's too much trouble to find and count them all, the second reason is that when SOMEBODY asks how many I have, I can truthfully say that I don't know.

Apparently I have been buying saws at the rate of about 1 per year since I joined. So I have eight. Apparently I am now 1 short.

excellent!

Edit; bad math. I already had two when I joined, so I am about 3 behind!!

excellenter!

I currently have 7 saws. Of those, 1 is a project and 2 are just sitting as parts are hard to find, since they are cheap home/box store saws. The project is in MS460. All but the 2 saws sitting and a poulan 2000, are stihl/stihl clone. The clone is a Farmertec ms660 with a big bore kit and popup piston. The 460 will have some AM parts, but the main engine is OEM Stihl. So far, the AM parts is the plastic covers and the tank/rear handle. Done have all parts for it yet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back