How many Chainsaws do you own?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 5 in all 4 Stihl's and one Hooskie all Super 032AV,MS211,MS362,MS461 one that wont run a HUS. 142E.
Does anybody have Hotsaws101 contact info that he actually answers as I want to send him my 461 for his porting work?
Thank you.
Welcome to AS Mr Outback.
I wouldn't personally want to drop that kind of cash, there are other porters that do a great job and charge a lot less :envy:.
Here's the email that is in the details of the video when you hit "more" to open it up, can be found on all his videos ;).
[email protected]

Well over 500 saws, 75% are 6 cube plus, About 30 123cc Mac's, 22 Sachs Dolmar 166's
and the list can go on and on and on.
Lee, I have a line on a KMS4. The guy bought it new, used it for the project, been sitting under the bench since. He also has an Iso Revolta he bought new in the early 60's, put a couple hundred thousand miles on it. Parked it under a tree, still there.

Welcome to AS Mr Outback.
I wouldn't personally want to drop that kind of cash, there are other porters that do a great job and charge a lot less :envy:.
Here's the email that is in the details of the video when you hit "more" to open it up, can be found on all his videos ;).
[email protected]
Hey Bret
Thanks for the info I’ve sent the guy like 4 emails he never replies so I
Not going to send my saw to a place that you can’t even contact but I do know of a place in Canada that does excellent work with a warranty on their work plus they send two new chains a portable tach. etc. with every job.

Hey Bret
Thanks for the info I’ve sent the guy like 4 emails he never replies so I
Not going to send my saw to a place that you can’t even contact but I do know of a place in Canada that does excellent work with a warranty on their work plus they send two new chains a portable tach. etc. with every job.
Who's that?

Who's that?
There is a shop in Edmonton that does what they refer to as Barkerised porting work they even replace the bearing with ceramic ones if you choose to go that route! My saw is new so I’m not doing that but I’m having them do everything else!

Maybe a better question,
What percentage working saws do you own?
Wall Hangers, Shelf Queens, Trophies and NIB(new in box) count as "Non-working".
I have just a handful but I'm 100% WORKING SAWs

Maybe a better question,
What percentage working saws do you own?
Wall Hangers, Shelf Queens, Trophies and NIB(new in box) count as "Non-working".
I have just a handful but I'm 100% WORKING SAWs
Once you get over 20 saws, they get harder to actually “use”...

It’s like spending quality time with 1 of 12 children...

Ms170
Ms290 with ms390 cylinder
Ms362C

I am looking to buy more complete saws that need work like scored piston and cylinder. Or pretty much anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have about 150, most I ever had was 200, simply didn't have enough room so sold a few, mostly keep larger saws 80cc+
5230dc6f7f8d427b1b2584eb222b6503.jpg
3f0a12cf7bfb6a3f0b6739dd07cabd01.jpg

To you that uses or collects chainsaws, I have two questions. What tools do you recommend that we have? I want a large cc saw, greater than 90 cc. I will not use it very often but would like to own one. What do you recommend?

Latest posts

Back