How many cords so far

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I set an initial ambitious goal of 10 cords this year. More then I burn, but last year I slacked off. So far 8 cords. I can stop here, but I am still cutting in helping neighbors. If I come across a nice Red Fir I will add more.

A mix of fir, pine and about a cord and a half of Tamarack. Tamarack is the highly sought for wood around here. Hard to find dead standing, and the fallen stuff gets taken fast.

Pictures --> EightCords 003 (800x600).jpg

Man....you know what you're talking about! Tamarack is the cream of the crop here too! I've got about a cord of tamarack and a cord of red fir, a few cords of pine, a cord of birch and maple, and a cord of black locust....and a HUGE pile of redwood to split and stack....I'm probably close to your 8 cords...but with a huge variety. A friend has a tree service and she calls me when the customer doesn't want the wood, so I go and haul it home.

I'm up to 12 in the lot and another load on the truck, 4 cord oak in an area where oak is unknown (grove planted by teh settlers), 1 cord ref fir, 1 cord red maple, 6 cord willow for sale at $120 cord. Aiming for 14 and I'll probably be way over that by the time weather shuts me down.

Finished my 7 stacks this weekend what's that about 2 in a half cord. I have the next 2 years cut and ready to be split. 7 "face" cords keeps me to one tank of propane a year or less. Still at 65 percent from last year. I usually try to finish splitting before July but I was a bit late this year. Snapped the handle on the sledge hammer the day after I finished splitting wood.

I haven't touched any of the wood that followed me home from work. Fortunately Im not in a bind as I have enough cut and split for this winter and then some. But I do need to start getting after it. Now that the barn is done, and concrete around the pool got poured today, I can start getting after the wood in between landscaping the pool.

Oh yeah... Very humid and no breeze today. Good day to get in a pool.....

About 225 cords so far this year. Should hit my 600 cord goal.

I've brought about 2 cords to the house. Also put away a cord that sat in my driveway since last year.

Supposed to be high 70s tomorrow. I'm going to melt!

About 225 cords so far this year. Should hit my 600 cord goal.

I've brought about 2 cords to the house. Also put away a cord that sat in my driveway since last year.

Supposed to be high 70s tomorrow. I'm going to melt!
Haha. Anything under 85 is great wood weather. Worked in the evening yesterday and it was 92 at 6pm but cooled off to 88 by 8:30.

Back