How many employees did you have when you started your company?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The company I am currently with started with just the owner, his friend and his friend's son. After I got hired I was the main full time employee along with one groundsman, and he had a small pool of 3-4 other ground workers he could call to come in as needed. Now we have a crew of 4 full time employees (2 climbers, 2 groundies). I plan on hiring one part time employee when I start my company until I am busy enough to offer full time work for him along with 1 other future employee for ground work.

Technically, when I left Park Cities Tree Service and went out on my own in January 1986 I had zero employees...it was just me. And you would be surprised how many jobs I did without anybody that first six months. In July of that same year, my Dad started to help me a little...maybe a day a week. Finally in August I hired my first two regular employees. One stayed until 1995 and the other until 2009. We currently employ nine full time people.

I became an Operations Manager for a new company start up in 2001 after 25 plus years of climbing. The move to management was what I wanted as I got older. I was 40 years old then and married with kids. My crew was 3 climbers and 2 groundies. Flash forward to today. Our company was bought by a huge company and now we have a crew of 40 field guys and always growing. I have more stress now than ever, but it is a good stress.
Jeff
It was a beautiful day!

Latest posts

Back