How many miles ya got

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy ####!! That's one well-driven Dart.

It was an absolute beater, by the time I sold it. The wife drove it for the first 10 years and took excellent care of it. It had 78,000 on it when we bought it in '72.

I drove it as a daily driver from then and rebuilt the engine at 235,000. I put hard seats, stellite exhaust valves, stainless intakes and forged pistons (from the Sears catalog!) in order to convert it to run on CNG (Compressed Natural Gas, I worked for the gas company), the fuel system was from surplus parts, our fleet vehicles shed a few parts as they were taken out of service and sold, leaving a nearly inexhaustible supply of parts. It ran well, slight loss of power but cost comparison to gasoline was 30% less.

It ran over 200,000 miles on CNG before being switched back over to straight gasoline when I retired from the Gasco. The body rust was catching up to it by this time, it looked bad but a paint restoration was out of the question because of serious body degradition.

It was a fun ride, the guys at the Fire Dept. even had a "Pennies to repaint Chief's car" jar on the table for several years. Joke pictures circulated of the Hurst Tool being applied to it while I was in a meeting, guys in full turnouts, tools in hand, smiling, etc. It brought a lot of joy to quite a few of us. The upside of driving it was, nobody would ride in it to meetings at other Depts., I saved a lot of gasoline!

It showed up at a local swap meet, on a trailer, a couple of years later. I'd bet it's being built up to be something, somewhere today.

91 Dodge CTD- Odometer broke, Guess between 350-400,000 miles.
99 Camry 170,000 RIP(8 point buck)
80 F250 4x4 70,000 RIP
85 GL1200 47,000 Love this one.
99 TW200 5,500 this one is a hoot!

Maybe oneday soon I'll get a 1800 Goldwing:heart:

03 Grand Caravan SPort 149,000 MILE
1997 Dodge 2500 CTD 5 SPEED 148,000 MILES
2 INPUTS SHAFTS, 1 SET OF SPYDERS, 2 EXPLODED STOCK CLUCHES NOW ON DOUBLE DISC 12 BUTTON CERAMIC....

1978 W100 158,000 KMH ????? CANADIAN SPEEDO
1975 W100 ?????

Miles

2001 F-150 4x4 5.4 V8 130,000
2005 Ford Escape 94,000
1978 F-150 300 I-6 shows 12,000, don't know if it needs a 1 of a 2 in front of that

100,000 miles

100.000 miles would make a big difference.:hmm3grin2orange:

Not on a $500 truck that is so rusty and dented that it doesn't get to go on the road anymore. Just from the barn to the woods and back. Its kind of too bad because the motor runs really good, I can let is sit for 2 months and go out when it is ten degrees and it will start right up.

89 merc sable 330000 miles, my work beater, dont laugh, it still gets 23mpg!
99 f250 7.3 powerstroke 187000 mi
93 lincoln 80000 mi
77f250 unknown, I"d be scared to know whats really on that truck.

1994 Chevy Cheyenne 3500, 4 door, 6.5l diesel, 286,228 miles. Probably would have lasted forever until I moved to Michigan. It has rusted more in the last three years from all the salt on the roads than the 14 years we lived the PNW.

96 Town and Country with 175k

04 VW Passat with 248k, just waiting for time and money to replace head gasket. BTW, still has factory turbo that still boosts.

96 Town and Country with 175k

04 VW Passat with 248k, just waiting for time and money to replace head gasket. BTW, still has factory turbo that still boosts.

VeeDubs rule!! :rock: It's like a cult following whenever I go out in my cabby. One day, I drove past a guy in a brand new Rabbit, and he flashed the peace/victory sign!! Happened to me again when I passed another older cabby like mine, and that guy did the same. I swear there is no other group of drivers that respect each other like that, it's seems to be a VW-only thing. (don't hate me, I like all vehicles that are classic, cool, and/or reliable; of course Yugo don't mean #### to me, as they were pieces of ####)

Yes, some older (80's) watercooled VW's like my cabby like to be worked on every weekend... but it so much fun to drive it that it's worth it. Remember, a can of carb cleaner will save your ass from vacuum leaks more than you think... mechanical fuel injection with bad vacuum lines is unpredictable. (I've replaced most of them, still working on the last few)

I tore apart a totaled 87 cabby for parts to put on my 85. The engine in the 87 will be pulled and rebuilt (by me) to put out about 250 NA HP, then the manual trans in my cabby will be rebuilt and a LSD put in. Then the two will be joined by a Techtonics Tuning six puck rigid center clutch, a lightweight flywheel, and a TT three-strap modified pressure plate. ARP rod bolts will allow in excess of 6250 RPM, (stock limited by rod bolts) and ARP head studs will keep the air and fuel from blowing out in between the head and block. :biggrinbounce2:

Oh, if you like VW's, check out vwvortex.com It's the best site for info on modding/maintaining classic air-cooled Beetles to brand new Jetta TDI's.

If you like Nissan Maximas, check out forums.maxima.org

My dad used to get to drive a company van, a late 80's to early 90's Dodge Caravan with a Mitsubishi Eclipse turbo engine swapped in... :biggrinbounce2: FAST. he said. FAST. Company went under years ago, and no idea where the van could be now... maybe it goes to weekend drag races to terrorize those some of those freak ricer Honda Civics with big wings. :laugh: Or does street racing, who knows? (pwning ricers, of course) I'm gonna build one someday, with 650 HP and all wheel drive.

Wow! That's a long post... :bang::deadhorse::buttkick::)

I liked the 2000 Jetta we owned, but the timing belt went south at around 80,000 miles and tore apart the upper valve train. 4 grand later it was as good as new. the car was only worth about 7 grand to begin with so it was hard to take.

1.8T

I liked the 2000 Jetta we owned, but the timing belt went south at around 80,000 miles and tore apart the upper valve train. 4 grand later it was as good as new. the car was only worth about 7 grand to begin with so it was hard to take.

1.8T

Yeah, broken timing belts hurt the wallet when you have a interference engine. Those 1.8T's are really fast. The VR6 are fricking insane fast. I've heard of some kids hauling ass down the highway at 150 MPH in a Jetta VR6. :jawdrop:

I want one just to pwn those dumb ricers off the line and win their money to pay for college. However, it's illegal on the streets, but that's what Gingerman Raceway is for. They got a drag strip just for that kind of ricer pwnage.

Tried to convince my dad to buy one when he was shopping for a newer car, but he bought a frickin' Taurus instead. :( I hate that car. You can't see the end of the damn hood, and you can't see out the back, and slow. My Maxima could outrun it. I will not tell what I topped it out at. :taped: It was way faster than that Taurus could go, I know it. No, I didn't top the Taurus out. It's one of those common sense speed guessing things.

He bought it for economic reasons. IMO, #### economic reasons, spend a little more and get something fun to drive and something that stands out more than the world's ten millionth Taurus. I have trouble finding the damn Taurus in a Meijers parking lot. :bang:

No problem finding my mad Max, the CRX, the Burb, or the VW. They're all distinct. However, there's a Taurus in every third ####ing parking space. Judas Priest, can't you buy a car a little more distinct than that? :bang:

New to me 1993 F350 single cab 4x4 automatic with a 460. 369,000 miles. Bought it from the original owner, those are the real miles.

Latest posts

Back